Efterklang appreciation thread (2 Viewers)

its nearly not fair that some people have this much talent.

I thought this was great. The live shows really add a whole other dimension to their music that is hard to get from their recorded stuff.

Whats up with Efterklang though? The 2 most talented (in more ways than one in one of their cases) people on stage, yer man Peter and the hot piano player Anna, aren't listed as being on either of the 2 Efterklang CDs that I own. I wonder if the lineup has just changed over the years or whether this is just the band they bring on tour with them?

Anyway, this was great.

its nearly not fair that some people have this much talent.

I thought this was great. The live shows really add a whole other dimension to their music that is hard to get from their recorded stuff.

Whats up with Efterklang though? The 2 most talented (in more ways than one in one of their cases) people on stage, yer man Peter and the hot piano player Anna, aren't listed as being on either of the 2 Efterklang CDs that I own. I wonder if the lineup has just changed over the years or whether this is just the band they bring on tour with them?

Anyway, this was great.

That Peter dude is amazing and when I found out he is only 21, I died inside a little bit. Talented beyond belief, that boy.

Does every tune build into a massively epic crescendo?
Just asking, I'm suspicious of these kind of bands.

not at all. Thats why I reckon you get more out of seeing these bands in the flesh. I know feck-all about music really but a lot of the songs seemed to be contructed of fairly well-defined movements dominated by chants (my personal favourites) , percussion, or whatever.

the bit with the saw was just amazing altogether.

I know what you mean though. At one time I did have thoughts of Broken Social Scene, but these lads have way more class. The music seems to me to be complex, yet somehow simple. But, as I say I'm clueless about the complexities or otherwise of music - I'm just going by what I saw and what I heard.

Theres a good review of the show in the Irish Times today. Kind of hits the nail on the head.

Right so I saw these last night and while I don't think I could ever EVER listen to a record by them they put on a good show.

Support act sounded like the soundtrack to an RTE documentary about Round Towers though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back