Efterklang appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i only came across their stuff recently but they've got me hook, line and sinker.

WHY didn't I come across Tripper sooner??! And the Under Giant Trees EP - hard to find the words to describe how good those sounds are.

One band I definitely want to see live at some point.

.|..|

Just recently got these two exact releases, I'm agog! I didn't know them before either! only heard their remix of Campfire by Grizzly Bear, all tinkly it is.
Under Giant Trees artwork=v.nice

cool :)

isnt it so annoying though, when you hear a band who have been around for a few years and you think "fuck! how did i miss this!??"

will just have to make up for it and play them nonstop for the next while I think.

im still agog too!

agog I'm up at 7.13!!! and on thumped, but I've to check am I registered in this constitchyinmyside or at homehome, ya know?
Efterklang 4 ever!:)

Yeah new er, e.p. is pretty good (too short for an album, Shirley?). Saw them play as a four-piece in London a few years ago and it was pedestrian enough tbh. Like a poor man's Mum.
Yer man Darragh Purcell tried to bring them over a few years back too when Tripper was setting the folktronica world alight but they wanted not only an outrageous fee but they wanted to play with a string quartet.

Wednesday 28 November
Whelans, DUBLIN, Ireland
Tickets €17.50 (incl. booking fee)
Doors 8pm

Thursday 29 November
Spring & Airbrake, BELFAST, BT2 8HD
Tickets £8/12
Doors 9pm
028 9024 6609

On ‘Under Giant Trees’:

“Short, sweet and almost perfectly formed” The Independent

“Intimately immense” Uncut

“Like a secret musical language born of ice winds and sequestered myth” Mojo

“Five delicate yet powerfully expansive tracks. Essential” DJ

On ‘Tripper’:

“This is the album to spend your tokens on. Five stars” The Guardian

“Beautifully intoxicating… Efterklang’s music does conjure cinematic ambience without further embellishment: makes everyday moments sound more meaningful”
The Word

“Astonishing… And with their vibrant, continually evolving arrangements, Efterklang here ensures that, as their name implies, this music should continue to reverberate in your memory for a long time to come” Pitchfork

Yeah new er, e.p. is pretty good (too short for an album, Shirley?). Saw them play as a four-piece in London a few years ago and it was pedestrian enough tbh. Like a poor man's Mum.
Yer man Darragh Purcell tried to bring them over a few years back too when Tripper was setting the folktronica world alight but they wanted not only an outrageous fee but they wanted to play with a string quartet.

how long is the EP / LP?

how many songs?

Wednesday 28 November
Whelans, DUBLIN, Ireland
Tickets €17.50 (incl. booking fee)
Doors 8pm

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thanks for posting this jim!!!

omg now i'm excited. even if 17 blips is a bit steep but.

yeah. They are good enough alright.

What does it mean? Background noise or something? After noise?

edit : "reverberation" according to wiki. My danish powers are weak. They are from Copenhagen too.... no surprise there really. Coolest city I've been too.

Got the new album (Parades) this week in the post. I was never really into the band before, but it's deadly. I think they're my new favorite Grizzly Bear...

how long is the EP / LP?

how many songs?

Five songs-clocks in at 25 mins or thereabouts.

Peter Broderick will be playing violin for them on this tour & he'll be supporting. His own music on Type Records is well worth hearing too.

SINGLE OF THE WEEK
EFTERKLANG – Mirador (Leaf) – Just how good is this? There’s just too much good music! This is just so wonderfully good. They’re from Denmark and they just glow in such a unique way. All orchestral and all spectacular and parping bits and majestic and choral and heaven born and ever bright – strings and heavenly horns and sea nymphs and triumphant parades of magnificent ambition. A four track EP and each of the four as majestic as the one that swept all before – vibrant and cinematic and intimate and unique and just so so right and yes, they really are heaven born and ever bright – an so uplifting they make Sigur Ros sound like Leonard Cohen – wonderful, apocalyptically beautiful – Sigur Ros, Mew, John Adams – wonderful - www.myspace.com/efterklang

yeah they are class. weird, I only came across them yesterday...think I checked them out cos someone told me they were playing whelans

Efterklang vs. Stars of the Lid

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back