Educate Together schools petition (1 Viewer)

In the ET school they seem to get bombarded with religious craziness from all corners of the globe and not just our own homegrown variety :mad:

no not really. Just if a religion is having a major festival, they'll have a chat about it. Very casual really.

You'll find that people put their kids names down for 2, 3 or 4 ET schools in the hope that they'll get into one. Like, we had our fella's name down on two because we weren't sure where we'd be living in 3 years time!

I initially thought that ET schools didn't have religious stuff at all. Only recently I found out about the sort of things you're describing above. Fuck's sake ... could someone set up an atheist school please???!!!! In the ET school they seem to get bombarded with religious craziness from all corners of the globe and not just our own homegrown variety :mad:
quote]

Honestly there is no religious craziness at all, or at least in my son's school there isn't. Even if you were an atheist i'm sure you'd want your child to have a knowledge of what different religons are out there, what they generally believe in and how they celebrate, especially when the kids at his table may be Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist etc. That in itself is educational and helps kids grow up with tolerance and acceptance of other kids who are 'different' from them and that's why the schools like these work so well. It allows your child to make their own decisions about what they find spiritually fufilling and then gives them the space to find their own path when they are ready to (and should they want to!).

I still want to go to Pantones school though!

I still want to go to Pantones school though!

you'll be please to hear that, once I secure funding, I have an exstensive adult education program in development for the older rockers amongst us

• Burning Out versus Fading Away
• The Comeback Tour
• Dealing With People Who Claim You Got Their Groupie Mom Preggers in '84 And That Your Are Their Father

stuff like that...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

modernparents.jpg

Any of yous thinking of sending your kids to one should get their name down as early as you can.

I wish there were more of them. The nearest one to us is Bray, we put her down for that 2 and a half years ago which was great becuase it meant she was only number 192 on a waiting list for 30 places.

It's as if you need to put your child's name down for a school as soon you get a glint in your eye in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back