Edgar Allen Poe? (1 Viewer)

Monkey

Website
www.tshock.net
I'm looking for the name of a story by Poe where there's a guy who thinks he sees a giant insect but it turns out to be a fly on a window.
It's for my thesis !bog

Anyone know?

I would like to take this opportunity to haul out, for the 353462545th time, the fact that Edgar Allen Poe briefly lived in my old family home. It was a boarding house in the 19th century, so there were, no doubt, lots of opium-addicted mad dudes there, which was one of the reasons the gaff had a touch of the haunteds.

So there. I just look for any opportunity to mention it.

Also, I can't read Poe unless I'm in a public place and surrounded by people who can remind me I'm safe. One of the stupidest things I have ever done in my life was to read that story about being buried alive just as I was going to bed, in a creepy old place where I lived alone. Even just talking about him is creeping me out -- dude scares the fucking pigeons out of me.

Hooray for Poe!

Hey Monkey, what's your thesis about?

Monkey said:
My thesis is on The Tranformation of the Everyday Object in Sculpture and Installation. Poe Just gets a brief mention in reference to Claes Oldenburg.

You seen Loiuse Bourgoise's stuff? Might come in handy.

I remember when Allen Blythe got really pissed at one of the first Ballrooms and then proceeded to get on a bike and cycle around the canal area outside the venue.
My last words to him as he got on the bike were:
"Headgear Allen, No?"

Monkey said:
hmmm I wouldn't have thought she was particularly relevant to the topic.

I've got all my artist's picked and am on the last chapter. Thanks anyway.
cultural burn

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back