Earplugs----The final solution or............. (1 Viewer)

hmmm maybe it's safer , maybe even you can hear more clearly but theres no better than real loud amp sound.
one of my ear is a bit fucked because of playing in the band's (we used to have 6 practice a week) but that's THE PRICE FOR FUN..|..|

my ears are both fucked, particularly my left one.. it drives me a bit mad at night sometimes.. but as skubol eloquently says, that's THE PRICE FOR FUN. I just came out of a Knife at a Gunfight practice, and it ws great.. i don't care too much about what things sound like in ten years time, i'll probably be old and boring with no ideas about music to play.. what's the point in being able to hear yourself playing shit music??

I dont really mind sacraficing some of the quality of sound for wearing earplugs to be honest. I havent been going to gigs for anwywhere near as long as people here but my ears are still pretty bad off from it. Get shit loads of ringing in them at night. So I'd rather wear earplugs than not be able to go to gigs at all in a few years time!

I use Fortuna silicone ones I got in the city Pharmacy on dame st for €2. They're 20dB ones which doesn't muffle the sound too much at all.

Used a few pairs that were 30/35dB which were horrible plus the foam ones have a habit of falling out on me.

I use Fortuna silicone ones I got in the city Pharmacy on dame st for €2. They're 20dB ones which doesn't muffle the sound too much at all.

nice one i was just gonna ask where i could get some in dublin. I love the loud rock music but in the past year i have definitely noticed my hearing gettin worse, but then again so is my attention span ....

My hearings never been better and i've never been to so many gigs as the last year and a half.Funnily enuff Lightning Bolt gave me tinnitus and Battle ship cleared it up for me(gigs last year).
Anyway i don't know why all ye are talking about the sound quality of earplugs and the different brands, the reason not to where em is you look like a gay no matter what sort you have!!

My excuse is that I tend to be taking pictures which usually means standing in front of the PA with an ear right beside it and there's no way I'm doing that shit without plugs, that and the ringing in my ears can be really bad at times. If I've no camera I'll stand in the middle of the crowd and won't bother with ear plugs unless I feel its neccessary.

my ears are fucked i get real sharp pains in them out of the blue and there is always a ringing

hmmm maybe it's safer , maybe even you can hear more clearly but theres no better than real loud amp sound.

if a band knows their gear and how to use it, a good amp sound doesn't need to be loud on stage. that's why there's a PA. chuck berry's probably never been blasted with the kind of noise that janer enjoys because he's the one on stage, not slumped over it with his cock out.

I wonder how many shit bands get away with turning up so loud that no one notices how bad they actually are... i know we got away with it for ages.

if a band knows their gear and how to use it, a good amp sound doesn't need to be loud on stage. that's why there's a PA. chuck berry's probably never been blasted with the kind of noise that janer enjoys because he's the one on stage, not slumped over it with his cock out.

I wonder how many shit bands get away with turning up so loud that no one notices how bad they actually are... i know we got away with it for ages.

This maybe true to a certain extent but some amps you just have to crank. They just sound better that way. You can be loud and sound amazing but you can be loud and sound really harsh. Fine line between the two.

I havent looked back since i started wearing them.(they're proper plugs now.not something outta boots).whatever about going to gigs..i have to wear them at a practice session ..after 3 hours yall need them...

Damo/Dunchee did youse get these:

130625.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ultratech_er20.htm

or these:

144698_neu.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/gb/alpine_music_safe_gehoerschutz.htm

I think I've got a bit of surfer's ear now as well. Every time I got water flushing past my ear's on Saturday my right ear hurt like fuck.

Fucking tinnitus and surfer's ear. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back