DVD player help (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Got a dvd player at the weekend, all grand, multi region etc. But the scart on the back of the tv is fucked so I had to put it into the VCR then the signal goes from the vcr to the tv. Sounds simple enough. Thing is the picture quality is crap, the reds are blurring all over the place and the brightness is flickering. Could the scart thing be the problem ar has anyone got any ideas.? Do you need a newish tv (ours is about 20 years old)?

Sounds like the copy protection is kicking in. This happens when you put the DVD through something that can record off it.

(Although a newer TV probably wouldn't hurt).

try messing with your brightness / contrast etc - i remember when we first got a dvd player, certain colours were defaulting to a bright green cos we had certain settings up up too high and it didn't know how to display them or whatever...but yeah..a new tv might not hurt...

andrew

THRILLHO said:
Sounds like the copy protection is kicking in. This happens when you put the DVD through something that can record off it.

(Although a newer TV probably wouldn't hurt).

Aye, that's what it sounds like

Anthony said:
Thing is the picture quality is crap, the reds are blurring all over the place and the brightness is flickering.
Firstly, check at the side of the vcr. There sould be a switch entitled 'Picture Quality' if it is set to 'crap' switch it to 'deadly' (slide it until you hear a click).

Also, have you tried setting the 'Flickering' button to 'off'?

To stop the red from blurring, turn 'blur' to 'off' for red.

hope that helps,
Fancy

FancyGoods said:
Firstly, check at the side of the vcr. There sould be a switch entitled 'Picture Quality' if it is set to 'crap' switch it to 'deadly' (slide it until you hear a click).

Also, have you tried setting the 'Flickering' button to 'off'?

To stop the red from blurring, turn 'blur' to 'off' for red.

hope that helps,
Fancy

all good, but if none of that works you might like to tell us if you got a multi-region ready player or if you got a region 2 player chipped. if the former then you need to get it chipped to turn the macrovision off. that's the dirty copy protection stuff. you could try to do a net search or fifty for your player make and model to find a software crack (a set of buttons to press on the remote to do the software version of chipping).

or, get a new tv.

!bing

i think it might be possible to get a scart to coaxial converter lead so you could connect the dvd scart straight to the tv and just tune in the right frequencey.. try maplin/peats. you can def. get a composite to coaxial lead anyway.

hope that helps

What stacy said... but dude... I've seen your telly... If you told the guys who made that yoke that you'd be watchin' movies on a disc the size of a cd they would have laughed at you...
Fork out man,,,

thanks, the copy protection sounds right because the "dvd" screen looks fine but the filums look like bad bootlegs. I have the leads to go straight into the tele somewhere.

thanks again

theres is probbly 2 things going on:

1. your video is picking up macrovision or copy protection from the dvd.
2. your tv is too old. a mate of mine got a dvd player a while ago and he could see the picture but it was all ovet the place.

you probbly need a newer tv, which is kind of annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back