Dublin's Independent Music Shops? (1 Viewer)

Galway one was 'closed for stocktaking' today.
Almost nowhere to buy records in town now.
The other place is second hand with a few new prints.
FFS.
Yes, liffey valley closed today. Their ilac shop has a clearance sale on as well so I expect it to close for good,very soon.

I used to work very near Queen & Yonge intersection, the real estate values have gone sky high there and driven our anything that isn't catering to suited types and luxury condo dwellers.. They did still have some really good record shops a bit further out from downtown when I left 2 years ago though, try Sonic Boom on Spadina, Rotate This on Queen West or Soundscapes on College next time you're there..
Yes I was hoping Sonic Boom was still in existence. I remember Rotate This, I walked quite a long way West on Queen, there was fuck all there.

Walked past the ilac one today,closed and cleaned out already.
that's a real shame. Have bought stuff in all 3 branches mentioned in the last few months. Had planned on heading back to the Ilac one cos I loved their compilations selection, and they were reasonably priced.

So much for the vinyl revival.

There were rumours of Tower going to the wall too. Anyone here anything more about that?

that's a real shame. Have bought stuff in all 3 branches mentioned in the last few months. Had planned on heading back to the Ilac one cos I loved their compilations selection, and they were reasonably priced.

So much for the vinyl revival.

There were rumours of Tower going to the wall too. Anyone here anything more about that?

ah bollox - had only discovered their Ilac store before xmas - as scutter points out - some great complilations.. was planning to have a poke round tomorrow and pick a few bits up.

needless to say thats shit for all those involved..

That's a real shame, yeah, it was only open since autumn, I think. How long is/was the Galway one there?

The last financial statements filed with cro looked bad but there was the going concern note that directors expected the business to continue for the next 12 months

The vinyl revival is nice but a poor replacement, according to Vinyl sales and UK artists boomed in 2017 - Independent.ie they only make up 3% of total sales

Head went into liquidation on Thursday. All stores in the chain closed. I hope that their staff get looked after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back