Dublin music scene boring boring boring (2 Viewers)

i always think that balcony tv thing is the maddest thing ever. i used to work with the girl that presents it there and she's very lovely and all, but that show. i dunno. i have no idea what to make of it.

My mate called me up to see if I wanted to go and see an Irish band support another Irish band soon in Crawdaddy (no names), and I didn't feel like it.

Have you seen those bands before? Why are you not bothered if you haven't?

I'm tired off paying in to see lazy bands regurgitating the same set over and over again, the smell of ego oozing from the stage is nauseating and it feels like a lot of bands are in it to be seen in a band. Lots of laziness, back scratching and I'm bored of it.

Fair enough, but that's totally subjective. And do you mean established Irish bands; new Irish bands; or what? Be more constructive with your feedback.

Oh and have you noticed that 70% of people at these type of gigs are in bands themselves..What is the point? If you think you're good enough, take a career break and tour the fuck out of it and at the end you'll know where you stand.

Cop the feck you eejit. What now, so band members are not allowed go to other bands' gigs? Yeah, that makes as much sense as the second sentence of the paragraph above.

PS Bar your friends from your own gigs.

Why, because they look like they're enjoying themselves? :rolleyes:

(is it easy to tell I'm bored in work...not as bored as Jelly though!)

i always think that balcony tv thing is the maddest thing ever. i used to work with the girl that presents it there and she's very lovely and all, but that show. i dunno. i have no idea what to make of it.
did she always inhale helium at work too?

the show is terrible. at least recognise that!

'wow, his pedal sounds like a 67a at the terminus! coooooool!'

Me and a couple of mates came up with the idea for Balcony TV in 1996 when we were on acid.

When the drugs wore off we realised how shit it was.

did she always inhale helium at work too?

the show is terrible. at east recognise that!

'wow, his pedal sounds like a 67a at the terminus! coooooool!'

yeah. i was kinda avoiding admitting that cause she's a very nice girl and all. also i've never really watched it much cause i never liked many of the bands on it.

but it must do reasonably well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Alright, not a Dublin band but come on, wud awms wad oopan!

[SIZE=+0]Sweet Oblivion, I have seen these bands before in various places..maybe I am being a generalist and overly bitter. But I'm tired and need a poo.
[/SIZE]​

popcorn-cinema-g.jpg

I dunno about bands or Dublin, but I reckon the Irish underground electronic thing has some pretty exiting artists and organisers.

The likes of Sunken Foal, Boxcutter, Acroplane, Alphabet Set, !Kaboogie, Dubculture etc. They're all doing sterling work at the fringes. Mike Slott.

Go on the bedroom producers!

True but there are more people making electronica at the moment than buying it.

So the unnamed Irish bands that Jelly Block sometimes sees are not very good and the audience at said unnamed gigs partly consists of people who are in other unnamed bands at these unnamed gigs and he or she wants all the Irish bands that he or she doesnt like to stop playing gigs and ultimately that only bands that Jelly Block thinks are totally rad to play gigs and for the audience to be made up of people who are not in bands. That's what this thread is about, right?

[SIZE=+0]Sweet Oblivion, I have seen these bands before in various places..maybe I am being a generalist and overly bitter. But I'm tired and need a poo.
[/SIZE]​
... so have rest and a poo, dude, sort yourself out!

I haven't been to see a really shit band in ages and ages, I had kinda forgotten they exist. You're mostly criticising the wrong things though, o tired and constipated one. People in bands going to see one another's gigs is surely something to be expected, and not something to be annoyed by. Do authors who read books annoy you too?

Since the thread is about a gig that Jellybeanface didn't go to I can see how he/she believes that the Dublin music scene is boring.

I always find gigs I didn't go to boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back