Dublin Library (1 Viewer)

ron

A few years ago I did an article re: The Ilac music library (top floor).

Anyway for anyone that's not aware the vinyl is scarce though there is some interesting vinyl ie the Frank Black favourite 'Repo Man'.

Besides there's also a number of great videos to be viewed within the libary. Check the likes of Miles, Art Pepper, Mingus(pre-drugs bust centred around his loft space) and a great Sun Ra vid - there's a scene where the Arkestra are on the roof of some building and it's very Fraggle-rock; 'History is his-story not my story'; and all the Egyptology to boot.

The Belfast equivalent is a million times better and heaven-sent for those of us without much spons. An amazing selection of really old world musics- Folkways, Topic, Rounder to name a few- and just before Chrimbo I got a John Fahey-teaches-Christmas songs video.

If I can remember rightly there's much more vinyl than what's on display, just ask about catalogue!

The Belfast one sounds great. We need a proper public library for music in Dublin where people can take acid and weird up with headphones in the company of retired people.

Where can we find yer article on the Ilac library?

ron (29 Jan, 2002 01:15 p.m.):
A few years ago I did an article re: The Ilac music library (top floor).

Anyway for anyone that's not aware the vinyl is scarce though there is some interesting vinyl ie the Frank Black favourite 'Repo Man'.

Besides there's also a number of great videos to be viewed within the libary. Check the likes of Miles, Art Pepper, Mingus(pre-drugs bust centred around his loft space) and a great Sun Ra vid - there's a scene where the Arkestra are on the roof of some building and it's very Fraggle-rock; 'History is his-story not my story'; and all the Egyptology to boot.

The Belfast equivalent is a million times better and heaven-sent for those of us without much spons. An amazing selection of really old world musics- Folkways, Topic, Rounder to name a few- and just before Chrimbo I got a John Fahey-teaches-Christmas songs video.

It was on the cluas site - whether they have it achived or not I don't know!

http://www.cluas.com/music/features/ILAC.htm

Where can we find yer article on the Ilac library?

They've taken away the vinyl apparently its in storage because "times have moved on". I'm writing a letter to ask them to bring it back. here's the address if you want ot send one too:

Public Libraries Administrative HQ,
Cumberland House,
Fenian St.,
Dublin 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back