dublin hangouts (1 Viewer)

fatcat

have a question, where is the best clubs, gigplaces, musicstores in dublin?
im moving to dublin soon...would be nice with good tips, not crappy answears..

the coyote lounge and sosume have long been among my favourite haunts, but if you're looking for the most exclusive and exciting place to catch hip young celebrities-about-town (such as eamon dunphy, stephen gately, cast of fair city etc) it has to be lillie's bordello. as one would-be somebody said, "Lillies Bordello is Dublin's TOP CLUB but the door policy is pretty strict. You either have to be a member, a long standing regular, or a celebrity to get in... Although, if you're sexy as hell there shouldn't be a problem ;) " .
HMV grafton street has an excellent selection of both easy-listening classical music and soothing indie-rock (but with an edge - one male in each band wears eyeliner), which should cater to all tastes unless I've lost touch with the music business altogether! For gigs, check www.mcd.ie regularly for updates, but if you're thinking of entertaining at home (because staying in is the new going out) don't overlook the mouthwatering range of ready-to-serve party foods on offer from Marks and Sparks - why sweat over a hot stove when you can have reheated perfection at a cost of mere dozens of euros?

Dublin - A Hip Place To Be.

that reminds me - discharge (in the voodoo) were billed in In Dublin as 'hardcore dance legends, Discharge'. has someone been feeding joke alternative-scene info to the pop press?

fatcat said:
have a question, where is the best clubs, gigplaces, musicstores in dublin?
im moving to dublin soon...would be nice with good tips, not crappy answears..
The record shop on wicklow st., road records ..... somewhere!, sometimes get some good stuff in the record places in georges st. arcade, Borderline in temple bar, depends what your lookin for i suppose!

well, i would love to find small clubs with alternative people/music (hate to be pretensious like that but ) i mean not with trance or easy-listening music.

fatcat said:
well, i would love to find small clubs with alternative people/music (hate to be pretensious like that but ) i mean not with trance or easy-listening music.
Alternative?! You like hardcore, you go to hardcore gigs. Bruxelles is a metal bar. Fibber's is full of goks and muppets, dice bar is a rockabilly bar on sunday night.

fatcat

oops! sorry, i didn't see you were from sweden; i assumed you were moving to dublin from some shit irish 'town' like portlaoise or something. apologies for all the in-jokes about pathetic irish crapness (dunphy and gately that is).

nooly said:
fatcat

oops! sorry, i didn't see you were from sweden; i assumed you were moving to dublin from some shit irish 'town' like portlaoise or something. apologies for all the in-jokes about pathetic irish crapness (dunphy and gately that is).

We'll note your first answer so...

thought about, where is dublin is the "youth center" where you can look at gigs and play with your band and stuff like that?

fatcat said:
thought about, where is dublin is the "youth center" where you can look at gigs and play with your band and stuff like that?
that's up on thomas street, go up there, make sure you bring your camera to take pictures, best place to keep it is hanging around your neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back