dublin cycle routes online (1 Viewer)

Classic, lots of jumbled up lines that don't connect!

They should add another colour for cycle lanes that double as car parking spaces.

Classic, lots of jumbled up lines that don't connect!

They should add another colour for cycle lanes that double as car parking spaces.

or cycle lanes that double as taxi ranks a la inchicore road, when I kindly pointed out to a guard on pushbike that cyclist were having to go into oncoming traffic because of them, he just shrugged his shoulders. Cycle lanes are just coloured in pot holes most of the time anyway.

I truly believe that the cycling lanes in Dublin are more dangerous than anything else. What's the point in have a cycling lane with dotted lines? 'This is a cycling lane when not being used by a motor vehicle' it seems to say. Fucking useless, unless they're trying to fill some city council quota bullshit.

The thing that bugs me the most is that it's likely that someone's going to get hurt or killed because of them (if it hasn't happened already):mad:

I agree totally.

Something interesting is the semi-blocked cycle lane at the bottom of O'Connell Street (heading south). Its obviously unfeasible to dig up the streets in order to build proper off-road cycle lanes, but this style would be really easy and cheap to implement, and would also probably be quite effective.

Not that its ever going to happen, of course.

The poor fucker who got maimed at Harold's Cross Bridge by a truck has also dented my desire to cycle.

Yeah fair enough.RIP that dude.Its desperate what happened to him.

But you have to live your own life.Just stay aware and ride like the wind.You can't live in fear.Theres plenty get maimed walking.

Yeah fair enough.RIP that dude.Its desperate what happened to him.

But you have to live your own life.Just stay aware and ride like the wind.You can't live in fear.Theres plenty get maimed walking.

yeah true. it's just something about that white bicycle tribute that freakes the fuck out of me. Luckily i can walk to work in 25 minutes so it's not that big of a deal anyway. i reservr the bike for when I wake up at 8.48. Can be at my desk for 8.59!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back