Drum sticks and drum keys!! (1 Viewer)

This is so nerdy its great. Drums make loud noises when hit with wooden stick shaped poles. Here's a question, maybe we should have a drummers forum?, Anyway This is the real question. I have real problems with cramps in my arms during gigs, I have tried alot of different warm-up exercises before playing, some working some not ( on a recent tour I pulled something in my arm whilst warming up before a gig, shit, was bad as was the first gig of eight and arm gave me shit the whole way through the tour.
I've stopped drinking beer before gigs and just alot of water instead, I'm not in too bad shape. Any recommendations. BTW drumming style is very taxing, fast and sweaty.

Drum forum would be cool. Pete?

Those cramps could be down to your grip. I used to really suffer with the same cramps and really lacked stamina near the end of a 25min set. So i relaxed my grip and found just gripping my stick between my index finger and thumb really took the stress of my arm. I dont warm up but i probobly should.

i put one of those remo powerstroke 3 heads on my brass snare and tuned it really high and now it sounds deadly. i played a gig with it last week and it sounded amazing. however, doesnt feel as bouncy for doing double strokes and the like as the evans head i had on there before. theres always something.

this has nothing to do with cramps or drumsticks i realise.

ive settled for pro mark 5bs. theyre nice and light.

seriously though, bns is right. it's all about keeping it loose. it'd be worth
looking into stick technique; it's very possible to develop a more relaxed grip and keep the power... and increase the speed too. there are loads of techniques, and a wealth of info about them all over the net. if I can remember any good ones I'll post 'em. I'm sure some of the other tub thumping thumpeders might have a few ideas.

the only problem really is practice and breaking old habits... stuff I'm not very good at :)

I've got loads of drum keys at the moment, they just seem to build up without me actually buying any... I use Vic Firth 5A sticks, Thomann don't seem to do the 12 pack deal any more... Haven't had an actual kit in about 5/6 years but I just ordered this one:

118553.jpg

...With an extra 10 inch tom, can't wait!!!

I've got loads of drum keys at the moment, they just seem to build up without me actually buying any... I use Vic Firth 5A sticks, Thomann don't seem to do the 12 pack deal any more... Haven't had an actual kit in about 5/6 years but I just ordered this one:

118553.jpg

...With an extra 10 inch tom, can't wait!!!

too bad, coulda sold you mine

679387006_l.jpg

Oh and anything lighter than 2Bs are for girls :p

you don't live in cork do you? that photo looks suspiciously like the one of practice bins of death out by the showgrounds...
Living abroad but ya i'm from Cork and yes, it is indeed the band cans.Good eye :)

Glad i'll never have to use those those cunting "rooms" again;Freezing, damp gear destroyers in the winter, stinking sweat boxes in the summer. Ah, we'll whinge when they're gone, so we will

I knew it! yeah, I was only ever in one or two. ghastly, ear-wrecking places. couldn't believe it when I saw them first. currently using the top room in nancy's; place should be condemned! I can see the day when the entire inside of that place is just gonna collaspse. still, it's only round the corner, which is great.

I knew it! yeah, I was only ever in one or two. ghastly, ear-wrecking places. couldn't believe it when I saw them first. currently using the top room in nancy's; place should be condemned! I can see the day when the entire inside of that place is just gonna collaspse. still, it's only round the corner, which is great.
I've practiced in that room too, those stairs are well dodge...nice room though, Tom Barrys across the road too .|..|

7a's and Yamaha's and generic keys are always in my pocket seeing as I do drum techy stuff
deadly. we need our own forum, for fuck sake.
Pete? this is as legitimate as a guitar or amp or mic, or whateva!
Drum forum with equal status as the gtr forum. Just dumn it down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back