• Replies 17
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 2

moc

Website
Visit site
serious question...

who does it?

do you feel bad if its an illegal download?

i'm downloading an album of a band i'm going to see next week because i wont get a chance to buy it before then, the last time i downloaded an album i bought it afterwards, am i sucker for not taking the freebies or a good person ;) ?

I used to download a lot of stuff when I had broadband, it was almost all cheesy pop stuff where I just wanted one or two songs and there was no way I would have bought the record. The few times I downloaded 'serious music' I always ended up buying the record anyway. Now that I'm on dialup it takes me about ten minutes to download a three-minute song, so I can't be arsed any more. Never felt bad about it.

I download songs/ movies/ apps all the time. I don't feel a bit guilty, that's what they're there for.

I've downloaded quite a bit from legal sources (emusic.com) but I don't think that's what you are asking. Never done the p2p thing, couldn't be arsed.

i use to download alot of songs. but now i hardly ever download and when i download a song, it's not a pay download but it is a legal download from the artists website or an affiliated website which the artist recommends(like irishunsigned.com or thumped.com)

I use Soulseek a fair bit.. mostly either for live \ rare bootleg stuff that's hard to find (and not really legal anyway) or to check if I like something new that I've heard is good by downloading one or two songs. I feel compelled to buy something if I do like it, though.

cheapskate fucks...

downloading stuff by small bands deprives them of sales and also royalties from sales. i've no problem with downloading stuff from bands who can afford it, but when its a case of a small band, have a listen to some tracks, if you like it go buy it... otherwise we'll end up with all the small bands not being able to afford to produce albums cos people keep stealing it... and then what'll be left???

Since about last November I've been using Soulseek and downloading about 10 albums per week. It's good because 50-60% of the music I buy is average and a waste of money. Soulseek eliminates that risk. Today I downloaded the new Dillinger Escape Plan album which I wasn't expecting to like but it's pretty good and I'll maybe buy it. On the other hand I downloded the new Icarus Line which is shit. Now I know not to buy the album or go to the gig. At least £20 saved.

I agree with corrupted. I have loads of crap albums that I bought at rip off prices from HMV and I will never listen to again. I do agree with supporting small bands though - I would buy they're albums direct from their website.

I would do it but can't find any good p2p service. Kazaa is shit.

Lately i've downloading legal free mp3s. Epitonic.com is good. Does anyone know of any similar sites or just any good source for music downloads.

Monkey said:
Does anyone know of any similar sites or just any good source for music downloads.
Subscription, but I likes www.emusic.com mainly cos I managed to get Explosions In The Sky, Mclusky, Fudge Tunnel, Pinback and Jets To Brazil off it.

Worth trying just for the 50 free tracks trial.

Bag'o'cans said:
I buy all my tapes out of a suitcase on O'Connell street. But seriously, i don't really get anyway ethical about my downloading, everyone's doing it.
Christ, I used to keep those students on O'Connell bridge well fed. Those nasty green and orange tape covers or "Nearvarna live in da point depoh", with the mandatory "sound quality rating" on the back.

How the fuck did I live without Soulseek back then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back