Down by law (1 Viewer)

They're both equally excellent. "Mystery Train" is mediocre, "Night On Earth" gets worse with repeated viewings. "Dead Man" is one I have to see again though,

Anne O'Malley (29 Jan, 2002 12:51 p.m.):
"Down By Law" looks great but it's not a patch on "Stranger Than Paradise", the only really good film Jarmusch has come up with it.

what about "pie game" written by homer and plagairised by ron howard,
ya see its about this talking pie...

Lorcanzo go and see 'Monsoon Wedding'. It put a happy smile on my face

(and Pantone yep I really liked Vanilla Sky ... and if I was a nastier sort of a fella I'd be sure to slag you off for saying more or less exactly the same shit about Vanilla Sky as your girlfriend did)

so i'm standing outside the screen, after convincing herself not to want to go to 'rat race', waiting for her so we can go to see 'man who wasn't there'. so she arrives and says she doesn't feel like the cinema tonight.

[1]so i sulked and refused to watch any of her angel videos[/1]

I liked The Man Who Wasn't There but I didn't think was as good as, say, Fargo or Barton Fink. Did you notice as well that there was far fewer of some of the Coen brothers' usual tricks. Like there was nothing in the plot that left you scratching your head - the package in Barton Fink or the mad biker in Raising Arizona. Oops, I hope I'm not spoiling it for you Lorcanzo?

"I don't thonk it were his student project, were it?
didn't he make Dune before that?"

I beleive it was inddedy made as a student short and then after a bit of funding came in he made a feature out of it.....& France loved it (he has a french production Co. to thank for most of his movies...)

I read this interview where he said he catches ideas like 'fishies', falls in love with them, and then lets them swim away when the movie is made. cool.

I'd say the Barton Fink more than the Millers Crossing.....probably because I think Gabriel Burn is shitty shyte and can never not talk like a knacker.

egg_ (30 Jan, 2002 09:42 a.m.):
(and Pantone yep I really liked Vanilla Sky ... and if I was a nastier sort of a fella I'd be sure to slag you off for saying more or less exactly the same shit about Vanilla Sky as your girlfriend did)

eh...

we're very compatable like that

its not like I had to have the film explained to me or nothing

I have opinions god damn it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back