Donegal (2 Viewers)

put

donegal abú

into google translate.
I'm probably the only person here who follows the football though. Pretty deadly year for us all round but still dublin/mayo to deal with.

saw the second half. Put it on when the cycling finished. Impressive stuff. Them lads have bulked up something fierce

first half was neck and neck, the second was where the fitness showed, and the new point scoring moves that they hadnt learned yet last year. the mcguinness idea was a three year plan, so its working out way better than he expected by the looks of it.

first half was neck and neck, the second was where the fitness showed, and the new point scoring moves that they hadnt learned yet last year. the mcguinness idea was a three year plan, so its working out way better than he expected by the looks of it.

if they repeat that in the final no one will beat them and they'll be dancing in the streets of Letterkenny.

Its a very high-intensity game, similar to Dublin last year, which is very hard to sustain. But, they only need to do it for 70 more minutes in 4 weeks time, and ye'll be laughing.

I was there in 92 the last time Donegal won. That day they were underdogs. This year they won't be. Or at least they won't be by much, if at all.

I fancy yis to win out.

if they repeat that in the final no one will beat them and they'll be dancing in the streets of Letterkenny.

Its a very high-intensity game, similar to Dublin last year, which is very hard to sustain. But, they only need to do it for 70 more minutes in 4 weeks time, and ye'll be laughing.

I was there in 92 the last time Donegal won. That day they were underdogs. This year they won't be. Or at least they won't be by much, if at all.

I fancy yis to win out.

i semi fancy it - kerry and cork were the beasts that had to be slayed - both amazing teams. here's the thing with the mcguinness team, a few years back about 3 nights before a game i met two team members in a nightclub, way more hammered than i was an possibly on yokes, on a wednesday. i knew that team were fucked no matter how much talent they had, and the lad i met was a talented guy. earlier this year about 12 team members landed in my local, had two pints and fucked off home before 11 and that was a friday, i haven't seen them since. also, i was bigger than this guy at school, he would probably crush me accidently in a handshake now.

607281.jpg

i reckon donegal are justifiably favourites for the AI for the following reasons
-donegal and cork were the two form teams this year - ie the teams that were consistantly impressive in every game (DL in particular). yesterday DL effectively took CK apart in the second half.
-mayo have had a soft run through the chamionship - conaught is pretty poor at the moment. I wouldnt rate down too highly based on their ulster final performance.
-dublin have managed to do just about enough in every game so far, but at the same time looked genuinely rattled by laois at times in the QF. given that laois play(or try to play) a crapper version of what DL do, (high intensity blanket defense with counter attacking), I would definitely give DL the edge.
-DL ability to turn blanket defense into, effectively, blanket attack is incredible to watch. you watch oposing forwards being forced to play like backs to keep the ball in the other half. i dont think either of the remaining terms have anything to offer to beat that based on the championship to date.

johnny raz - gah pundit.

Didn't one of the lads on the TV coverage mention that one of the players was put on a diet of 8 meals a day to get him to put on the bulk needed?

thats Michael Phelps shit right there.

I had it described to me in the local GAA last night as, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 teas and 2 suppers. I hope it's a bit more sophisticated than that.

I had it described to me that spillane or someone was out for a pint in letterk and someone made it up for the craic. They are training till dark at the pitch by my house though.

I had it described to me that spillane or someone was out for a pint in letterk and someone made it up for the craic. They are training till dark at the pitch by my house though.

Well it is true that if you're trying to bulk up with muscle 7-10 meals a day is the way to go, living on tuna and boiled chicken, shit like that. It's also the way to go if you just want to bulk up with fat too, "fresh cod" and some goujons.

Well it is true that if you're trying to bulk up with muscle 7-10 meals a day is the way to go, living on tuna and boiled chicken, shit like that. It's also the way to go if you just want to bulk up with fat too, "fresh cod" and some goujons.

they are defo on 8 meal a day, i have it on authority now.

Donegal is sound. I was there with Ann Post on Friday night and we had a deadly time. I've only ever had a deadly time in Donegal. I'm beginning to think that life begins beyond Strabane.

Donegal is sound. I was there with Ann Post on Friday night and we had a deadly time. I've only ever had a deadly time in Donegal. I'm beginning to think that life begins beyond Strabane.

Great place to visit, shit place to live.

Scutter, I don't believe I've heard this story.

Scutter, I don't believe I've heard this story.

well this one time I was at a wedding in Letterkenny. It was in a hotel there on the way into the town from the Lifford side, by one of those roundabouts (before the IT)

anyway, next morning (a sunday) I had to leave early to go back to Dublin. I had noticed the day before that there were a couple of petrol stations on the main road there, back towards the town.

So, I figured it would be a good idea to get petrol before leaving, less I get stranded in Northern Ireland without any sterling notes on my person.

So, I drove up towards the petrol station and noticed a Garda checkpoint. There were no cars on the road at this hour of the morning (maybe 7am) so they gleefully welcomed me, breathalised me, then sent me on my way. About 50 yards past the checkpoint were the 2 garages, both of which were closed. So, I turned around and headed back out the same road, the way I came.

I approached the garda checkpoint again, and again they welcomed me gleefully, breathalised me again (I shit you not - the same fucking cop as before), then sent me on my way.

I hadn't the heart to tell them they'd just breathalised me 4 minutes previously, so went along with it. I drove home to Dublin, all the while chuckling to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back