Does vinyl sound better? (3 Viewers)

I saw this video earlier for a kickstarter maglev turnable. It's pretentious wank. I improved it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I've sold the odd few over the years alright. I don't actually have all that many but I seem to have to move every couple of years and looking at daft.ie these days I'm not sure I can find/afford somewhere with space for them.

Yeah the IKEA things are good for storing them they are very compact and useful for large books too also you can put stuff on top of them. I suppose it's the problem with all manner of junk.

Well,its multi factorial .I was after moving a couple of times and I was sick of carrying them but also i was stuck for car insurance so they got cashed in.Also I had everything downloaded at that stage (none of which I have played in years at this stage incidentally)and I could see the streaming was coming on strong by then so i knew records days were done for me.
Obviously didnt get even 10% of what I paid for them over the years but I was ok with that.
And truth be told,there was only about 200 that i listened to regularly.

I don't think they sound any better than digital. Especially if you have a decent stereo and Google Play music on lossless.

Although,I have noticed that lately Ive been tending to listen to a lot of modern hip hop and jazz and electronic stuff cos the production is next level. Man what the kids are doing with audio is far out especially with hip hop!

I dare say Ive forgotten a few albums at this stage from my record days but I'm constantly rediscovering them and loads more so its all good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back