Does anyone use Pure data (pd)? (1 Viewer)

Quintron

Website
www.theboomboomroom.tv
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if many people use Pure Data as an alternative to Max/MSP?
http://puredata.info/
I just installed it as a freeware alternative to Max and its confusing the hell out of me. Anyone clued in on this app?
I need to pick someones brain......
Cheers.

Thanks Igor,
I was getting loads of float errors trying to connect my keyboard, no sound etc... but, after I posted out of frustration, it suddenly started to kick in. Still don't know how I managed it.. but its all good now.
Also installed a "trial" of Max this morning...a LOT easier to manage!

Cool, glad that worked out. I used PD for a while but just found max/msp muh easier to get my head around. That coupled with there being so much more tutorial stuff around and two of my lecturers being total max/msp geeks meant it was a no brainer.

What kind of stuff do you use it for? If you're plugging in a keyboard I'll guess you're making midi-based patches?

I'm trying to figure out live-algorithms at the moment, aiming towards making musician and computer quasi-improvisation. Just starting out though, figure it'll take a couple of years to get a working version.

Yip, midi based patches at the moment and basic sample maipulation...tentative experimentation.... TBH I'm learning most from deconstructing the examples in Max to figure out whats goin on with my own patch attempts. I'm going to hook up my guitar as soon as I have a chance.
Something I've been putting off for too long...Max is a fantastic bit of kit even from the minute knowledge I have of it so far.

Cheers for the link Keith. Hows life in Germany?

PS this looks very interesting if/when it gets off the ground! Spoke to the guy and he's intersted in coming over to Dublin at some point to demo this software..
http://www.popmodernism.org/scrambledhackz/?c=4

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back