O2 Mobile Charges - Data and Entertainment (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Got my first Smart Phone last month, with O2 price plan of €40 per month. They made me go at that level 'cause of the "quality" of the phone - Samsung S3

My bill for this month is €78 quid! It includes a charge of €27 for "data and entertainment" that I know I didn't use. There's a load of individual charhes of €0.79 and they all add up.

Whats the story?? I've been told to turn off mobile data, and only use Wi-Fi. But whats the point in paying for a plan that includes Internet, if you're not going to use it?

These data and entertainment charges - is there a way of tracking what website they are coming from? I haven't downloaded any apps that charge, as far as I know.

Should I just leave Mobile data turned off, unless I really want to use it in the absence of Wi-Fi?

Is all this a rookie mistake on my part?

sounds like you have a shit contract with a huge loophole for extra charges.

turn off mobile data

leave 02 if they dont give you a total flat rate.

Got my first Smart Phone last month, with O2 price plan of €40 per month. They made me go at that level 'cause of the "quality" of the phone - Samsung S3

My bill for this month is €78 quid! It includes a charge of €27 for "data and entertainment" that I know I didn't use. There's a load of individual charhes of €0.79 and they all add up.

Whats the story?? I've been told to turn off mobile data, and only use Wi-Fi. But whats the point in paying for a plan that includes Internet, if you're not going to use it?

These data and entertainment charges - is there a way of tracking what website they are coming from? I haven't downloaded any apps that charge, as far as I know.

Should I just leave Mobile data turned off, unless I really want to use it in the absence of Wi-Fi?

Is all this a rookie mistake on my part?

sounds to me like they're hitting you for the daily internet access charge (79c x 34 days?) on top of the data bundle your're paying for

Their customer services are a nightmare. I had some issue with them last year, so trivial that I can't even recall what it was now. Anyway, after months of daily emails I got €10 free credit. Persistence is everything.

I actually think that they're trying to be helpful but are just not making themselves clear.

It appears I have been charged daily usage, rather than the bundle charge, as this "often saves costs". But not in my case obviously! They are going to add the data element back in, so I won't be charged €0.79 daily.

Beginning to wonder was it worth it, getting the smart phone - like I have Internet in work and UPC broadband at home. My previous phone bills averaged about €28 a month including VAT.

One other thing. Phone Insurance? Yes or No? Costing €9 a month excl VAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back