Dodgy Jokes 'In The Scene' - Should They Be Allowed? (1 Viewer)

the strange guy

I LOVE ALLAH YOUSE
Website
Visit site
Clearly some people are sensitive to the jokes I made in the Hello thread.
At the same time, many found it funny or had no opinion of it either way.
Who is right?

I couldn't give a shit who finds what I said funny or offensive but in the interests of procrastination, here's the new thread.

Is the kind of joke I told a wider indication of apathy towards sexism 'in the scene' or does it mean that some people's sense of humour is insensitive?

The problem with the joke, as I see it, was people's sensitivity to it.
It's subjective.

If more people find it offensive than funny then it's considered offensive.
Similarly, if more people find it funny than offensive then it's considered funny.

Hopefully this thread won't collapse under its own pretentiousness.
I hope that we can all try and keep each post brief and a genuinely interesting debate can be had.

My view is already well known, of course dodgy jokes should be left in, I mean why should Lifestyle get away with dodgy jokes and we can't?
Punks are meant to be the unrestricted?

I think that once we learn how to make hilarious jokes about vegan cakes and Dbeat, we won't *need* dodgy jokes.
We'll look back on earlier sessions, fests and gigs with a feeling of absolute disgust and shame.

Does my bomb look big in this?

jordan_woman_bomber_lon810.jpg

NO RULEZ.

Except for all the rules.

If you make something blasphemous and forbidden, it just draws people to whatever it is. At the same time, when something like that is a sacred cow, it just makes it easier for people to slaughter. For instance; let's say you're not allowed to say that someone's a cock. Then someone goes mad at you for saying the word cock. Then you call them a cock -just to watch the fireworks. Acting with such sanctity towards mere words is providing someone with stick to beat you with.

I used to think most things were game for a laugh and some things were still sacred. Then I lived in a massively PC society for a few years. Now I think nothing's sacred.

Best way to destabalise things and let them reform is to undermine and make them more ambiguous. For instance: take the piss. Yes, it's ridiculous to see irony go full circle so many times that it starts spinning like a top, but whatever, each to their own.

At the same time, I've never met a person who wasn't a hypocrite. I've gotten used to being let down by people you expect more of, so I've learned to expect fuck-all and just be glad when people are sound. I think it's ridiculous/hilarious to witness how judgmental a load of people I know are, people who've got laundries full of their own dirty washing hidden at the back of the closet. As soon as really difficult issues arise, issues which Active Distribution doesn't already have a pamphlet on, watch them desperately cling to the old defensive rhetoric like limpets.

Most of these people are just playing the victim, using accepted avenues of victimhood to gain power and legitimacy because of their own insecurities and lack of self-confidence.

Most anarchist and libertarian shit revolves around a complex set of codes and ciphers of what you are and are not allowed to do. Most people are unwilling to think for themselves. I've seen it time & time again; they want the rules, they want the uniform, and they want to stick to that because it makes them feel that they're exempt from the modern world and above the rest of them. And they'll vociferously defend this, pushing those who transgress the rules away, far beyond the boundaries. Almost all of these rules are directly invested in what I consider "the politics of guilt". Power and shame. Victimhood. Give it up lads, you're only fooling yourselves.

For instance; let's say you're not allowed to say that someone's a cock. Then someone goes mad at you for saying the word cock. Then you call them a cock -just to watch the fireworks.
That reminds me of when I was living in a squat in Leeds with Nicky (back when he was right-on).

There was another gaff down the road where we'd occasionally hang out.
I was warned not to mention the word 'cunt' to anyone from the house.
It was a popular word for me and the lads, being 17-18 years old at the time.
Still, we knew our place and tried to be on our best behaviour as long as we were still allowed to get mangled drunk.

Anyway, we showed up one day and there was a brand new painting done by a lesbian artist couple who were living there.
It was right in the hall.
It was divided into segments - a kite, a leaf, a ladybird, then an eye, a nipple and, in the centre, a gaping wide vulva painted a furious red, beads of wetness clinging to the thick pubic hair.
As soon as I saw it I said 'Jaysus, all that painting's missing is a hard cock and sticky balls'.
They kicked me out.
And I didn't even say the word 'cunt'!

There's no pleasing some people.

IT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED is the new GET OUT OF PUNX

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back