Documentary on Dublin music venues (1 Viewer)

Tinpot Radio

Hey,

I thought some people here might be interested in this:

Tinpot Productions are currently in pre-production on a series of radio documentaries to air on Dublin’s Phantom 105.2. The series of 6 documentaries under the title Stage Left will shine a spotlight on esteemed live venues like Whelans, The Village, Vicar Street, The Oympia, Crawdaddy & The Ambassador as well as legendary venues like McGonagles, Dandelion Market and the Carlton Cinema.

Through use of extensive interview and archive audio these documentaries will explore the cultural and musical significance of these venues. The documentaries will showcase the physical, architectural, musical and artistic history of each venue, showcasing the experiences of those who have given and attended performances.

The producers are seeking input from anyone who has a story to tell about the Dublin gigging scene now or then – be they bands, fans, venue managers or promoters. If you’ve got anecdotes, archive audio material or anything else of relevance and you’d like to be involved please PM us here or contact Sean at 01-489 3629.

Cheers,
Sean
Tinpot Productions

what about the baggot inn? great in the 80& early 90s, like the secret bowie gig, and it had the friendliest staff in dublin:)

Jazes Pete you're after bringing back a few memories there.

Anyone remember yer man Peter in the Earl Grattan.Was always offering to drop a very young me home after gigs.

We're focusing mainly on six current venues - Whelan's, the Village, Vicar St, the Olympia, Crawdaddy and the Ambassador. But one episode will be about old venues, specifically McGonagles, the Underground, the Baggot Inn, Barnstormers, Dandelion Market and the Carlton cinema.

Was anyone here at the secret bowie gig?
Also, if anyone has any bootlegs or anecdotes from said venues, current or old, they'd be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any bootlegs or anecdotes from said venues, current or old, they'd be much appreciated.

McGonagles let me into a gig when I was only 13 in 1991. They then had the "nerve" to nearly chuck me out because of stage-diving. They didn't in the end because I got sick from the spinnies and cider I had been drinking.

Was that sound? I'm not so sure.

How about DA2? Worst place ever.

Smelled of sick, had water coming in through the ceiling and the power would always cut out when the bands were playing.

Come to think if it, its a miracle no-one died from the dodgy electrics.

i'm fairly sure i was at the bowie gig but i was around 12 at the time so memory's a bit fuzzy of it.

Was anyone else at Mo Tucker/Sterling Morrison at the Baggot?
the Subterraneans did support.Some night for one night.

Wilbert do you remember the Shadow of Kain/Kling Film and Elastic band and yer man Conrad Greens(the bus conducter fella from Kilbarrack) band in McGonagles?
Class!

ask japeo about the time he was electrocuted on stage in whelans

I remember Mark,the singer from Tower of Babel getting the same treatment off a live mike in McGonagles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back