Documentary on Dublin music venues (2 Viewers)

I saw the three good Star Wars movies in the ambassador in one afternoon a couple of weeks before I started secondary school. Great days.

Was anyone else at Mo Tucker/Sterling Morrison at the Baggot?
the Subterraneans did support.Some night for one night.

Wilbert do you remember the Shadow of Kain/Kling Film and Elastic band and yer man Conrad Greens(the bus conducter fella from Kilbarrack) band in McGonagles?
Class!
I do. Barely! It was a loooonnnnggg time ago.

I met Jimmy Mitchell a couple of years back. He was standing at a bus stop in february wearing the tightest jeans I've ever seen and a leather waistcoat with nothing underneath. No jacket, either.

The exchange between us went like this;
Me: Hi Jimmy, how are you doing?
Jimmy: Fucking freezing!

anyone seen that theyve repainted the music room on abbey street...
looks like itll open again but the name is painted over and i dont think theyll let bands play there again..

McGonagles let me into a gig when I was only 13 in 1991. They then had the "nerve" to nearly chuck me out because of stage-diving.

The same thing happened to me at a Sabbat/ Xentrix gig, was my first ever gig too, think it was '88, but that would make me 12 at the time so maybe it was later. Can anyone remember the year?

i was at 2 gigs in mcgonagles and was MILES underage for both. the almighty was one and i *think* Death was the other. wasn't really into Death but i liked chuck and his pointly guitars. could see fuck all at that gig. was up the from for the almighty one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back