Documentaries thread (1 Viewer)

This Film Is Not Yet Rated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Film_Is_Not_Yet_Rated

BBC4 showed this last night so no doubt it will be repeated soon-ish. Well-put together insight into America's shadowy classification system and the effects it has on American culture.

Bulgaria's Forgotten Children:
I cannot find an adequate link to this movie but it's a Storyville production about a Bulgarian orphanage and the disgraceful conditions the children live in. Works on so many levels!

oooooooooohhh yeah. i forgot about this AMAZING documentary I saw about five years ago. incredibly sad but very touching story of a gay couple, both with the AIDS virus - one more advanced than the other. seriously - if you can get your hands on it, watch it. easily one of the most profoundly wonderful things I've ever seen.

it's called Silverlake Life: The View From Here. read about it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108138/

http://www.genghisblues.com/

A beautiful documentary about a blind american blues singer who taught himself to throat sing & travels to Tuva in Northern Mongolia to perform at a festival.

that looks cool. can you watch it online anywhere though or do you have to order it?

i watched this:

200px-Nanking_movie_poster1.jpg

anyone who has read the rape of Nanking will be prepared - subject matter is very upsetting, first hand accounts and all, disturbing imagery - and diary accounts are read out by actors. interesting take on a doc.

Not sure La La. Ive only ever watched it on DVD myself.

Am deffo gonna check it out that Nanking doc

that looks cool. can you watch it online anywhere though or do you have to order it?

i watched this:

200px-Nanking_movie_poster1.jpg

anyone who has read the rape of Nanking will be prepared - subject matter is very upsetting, first hand accounts and all, disturbing imagery - and diary accounts are read out by actors. interesting take on a doc.

Not sure La La. Ive only ever watched it on DVD myself.

Am deffo gonna check it out that Nanking doc

i have it on dvd but you may be able to find it online. i'm warning you though - it's bawling crying material. i sometimes wonder why I do this to myself but i'm an Iris Chang fan and I think she would have been pleased with the film.

Anyone know the name of this short documentary was on RTE a few years ago? It was about three dog owners who lived near the Phoenix Park. One of them lived in a small gaff full of old 78s and vinyl. I caught it one evening and I really liked it. It was funny and sad at the same time.

i have it on dvd but you may be able to find it online. i'm warning you though - it's bawling crying material. i sometimes wonder why I do this to myself but i'm an Iris Chang fan and I think she would have been pleased with the film.

I cant watch anything over 10 minutes online. I find it's like trying to simultaneously listen to the radio and the stereo. I dont know what that means.

Has anyone mentioned 'Capturing the Friedmans' yet?
If not, shame on you all for truly it is a king among documentaries.
Hands down the best I've ever seen.

But that wasn't meant to be a documentary was it? It's neither a film or documentary, just what the guy was filming.

It started off as a documentary about clowns who are hired for kids parties in New York and the most popular clown is one of the Friedmans. The filmmaker didn't know until after he met him and then he was given access to all the footage and he switched the focus of his film.

It's a great documentary.

Are you sure? I remember the film was shot by the son wasn't it? e used the camera the whole time when the father and other son were being arrested and trialled. Or maybe I don't remember the film right at all.

Are you sure? I remember the film was shot by the son wasn't it? e used the camera the whole time when the father and other son were being arrested and trialled. Or maybe I don't remember the film right at all.

No they just mixed in the home shot footage with the documentary footage. Its a proper unbiased documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back