Doctor Doctor. (3 Viewers)

enchance said:
Perfect for that romantic candle-lit dinner.

So jane, the wax just comes oozing out then?

I haven't used them myself, but I did have a great time laughing and taunting a friend who was using them.

But I think it's less an ooze and more a crumble tumble.

Geez, thank fuck I've just finished eating my lunch.

muddymae said:
i'm going to the dentist for scary back tooth action and i'm really scared *sob*
Scary. I don't like that shit. I'm a walking medical and dental nightmare.

I had a really dangerous tooth abscess earlier this year when, conveniently, I was stranded on a tiny South Pacific island during a double-whammy of a cyclone.

By the time the waters had calmed down and I got back to the mainland and to a town, I was in so much pain I couldn't even talk because the vibrations on my teeth just made me yelp with pain, which, again, made things worse.

Asked a lot of people who had few teeth to recommend a good dentist (unsettling) and eventually found one who said, 'You must be in a tremendous amount of pain,' then took out the filling that was causing so much of the pain, and took a look and said, 'Wow, looks like you made it just in time.'

'What do you mean by 'just in time'?' I asked.

'You don't want to know,' he said.

Straight in to a dentist when I got back to Ireland: oh, a root canal never felt so GOOOOOOOD. Seriously.

My old dentist retired, but he used to love to tell me horror stories about being a dental student in the 50s, when they used to just have 'clinics' where they'd just yank out people's teeth without any painkillers. Once, he had me in the chair with a drill in my mouth, and he just started going on about it, laughing his head off, 'It was like a bloody abbatoir!'

Denists.....eeek.

muddymae said:
i'm going to the dentist for scary back tooth action and i'm really scared *sob*

The last time i went to the dentist I was so scared. By I found the experience to be a bit of an anti-climax - thinking the whole time 'is that the best you can do?'. I came away thinking that I must be a big boy now.
That was about 5 years ago and I'm bloody petrified to go again. The dentist might look in my mouth, shake his head and say 'Oh dear mister brown, this is very bad. i'm affraid they'll all have to go' and I won't be such a big boy then at all.

Chin up Mae - you can do it. .|..|

Acupuncture cleared up tinnitus for me a few years ago which the run'o'the'mill doctors said i'd just have to live with.

So i'm a fan.

The Chilli King said:
The last time i went to the dentist I was so scared. By I found the experience to be a bit of an anti-climax - thinking the whole time 'is that the best you can do?'. I came away thinking that I must be a big boy now.
That was about 5 years ago and I'm bloody petrified to go again. The dentist might look in my mouth, shake his head and say 'Oh dear mister brown, this is very bad. i'm affraid they'll all have to go' and I won't be such a big boy then at all.

Yeah, it's a bit scary. When we were stranded on the island, all of these Fijians who had no teeth kept winding me up by offering to yank it out for me. By the time I got to the dentist, I was absolutely petrified that he was just going to use the 'local' method of dealing with dental problems. But he was really good.

Mae, it's going to be fine. At least it's not: 1. the 1950s or 2. a south pacific island nation

The Chilli King said:

aw thanks mr brown, hope i'll be ok but i'm kinda shattered from the obligatory teeth nightmares that had me suffering all night ranging from spitting teeth into someone's stew as revenge to the dentist following me home and kicking all my teeth out as a kindness (and because it's cheaper) anywho i'll let ya know how it goes wah

muddymae said:
aw thanks mr brown, hope i'll be ok but i'm kinda shattered from the obligatory teeth nightmares that had me suffering all night ranging from spitting teeth into someone's stew as revenge to the dentist following me home and kicking all my teeth out as a kindness (and because it's cheaper) anywho i'll let ya know how it goes wah
God, I had a crazy horrific teeth dream last night, too. Maybe I anticipated that I would feel empathetic toward an impending dental visit. Actually, it was more of a 'Jane, stop smoking' kind of dream. I'm sure of it. My mouth had begun to turn into a packet of fags and my teeth....ooooh, my teeth....horrible.

But you'll be fine, Mae! I think the biggest fear most people (or I do, at least) have when they go to the dentist is that they will make some sort of judgement about whether you deserve to keep your teeth. That horrible fear of being told, 'Well, normally, we'd do a simple filling, but since it's obvious you haven't been flossing, we're just gonna yank those suckers out.' But they don't. I swear. Even if he/she gives out to you, just remind him/her who pays for that yacht/golf club membership/mistress.

hey, i'll call over later for some stoner sex... good for what ails ye ;)

muddymae said:

The Chilli King said:
I know accupucture would do the trick, but I want rid of all my wax build up too.
i too think i'm getting a bit eargunged again (yes, we are the band that get blocked ears together for christmas) and, coincidentally enough, was at dr. lee's yesterday evening for my sinus-needling and my month's supply of foul-tasting tea. i mentioned the ear and she stuck a few extra pins in me. haven't noticed any huge difference yet, but i'll keep you posted.

i have heard from several sources that it is physically impossible for ear candles to work the way they claim to do, so i'm a wee bit dubious about them. a few drops of warmed olive oil in your ear at night might shift it, and it'll also make syringing much easier/more effective if you do need to have it done.

oh, and if you do get your ear syringed and you say "urgh, i really don't want to see what was in there" the doctor (as our lovely local GP did) says "ah go on, you know you do really" - don't look in the basin. just don't.

My dentist's great, she just doesn't tell me what she's gonna do, last time i went to her it had been about a year and a half since i'd last had my teeth checked, I'd broken half one of my teeth(dunno what they're called, the big ones at the back) in the meantime, so she just shoved a needle in my gum, did a bit of drilling and filing and made me a new tooth without telling me what she was doing.

doop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back