Do single women still exist?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A doughnut cart diversion should take care of that.

Do Irish pigs eat donuts, too? I thought they only ate nurses' uniforms.

But yeah, whatever works for the clearance suits us. It may look like a formality, but it's very important.

And Ms Quiggle knows what she's on about, lads. Seriously.

You draw those kookaburras -- and yes, it's fine to draw what you think a kookaburra is, and perhaps even sweeter, so long as you produce an illustration of some sort -- and study your Easy Lesson bukes, and you'll have burds queuing up to roide you in no time.

Not a word of a lie.

I refuse to believe that there are parties where there is one single bloke being chased by a load of girls. It doesn't work like that. Guys simply like girls more than girls like guys.

Guys are attracted by what they see so they go for it straight away, girls are attracted to fantasy and a load of other mysterious stuff so it takes them a while to like a fella.

Guys are attracted by what they see so they go for it straight away, girls are attracted to fantasy and a load of other mysterious stuff so it takes them a while to like a fella.

I think that is a bit too much of a generalisation. Girls can, and do, feel instant attraction too. We might be a bit more hesitant and level-headed about rushing things but I think that's because it is instinctive for us to be looking for someone who'll be around for a while so maybe we spend a bit of time mentally trying on the relationship before we commit to anything. But I'm sure there must be guys who do the same, no?

i'm single and unfortunately no single men exist in Cork but I am going out tonight and in case a single guy has been imported from elsewhere I want to make an effort what will I wear to attract a guy.
I was thinking of
a pink 1940s floor length dress with a flower on my head and platforms
or
pencil skirt with a fitted top and black lace fascinator and red shoes
or
a blue 1970s full length disco dress and flat shoes
or
a peach 1970s gown with matching hair flower again flat shoes

its a party in a club .

ThE MiNd BoGgLeS

richard%20obrien.gif

I think that is a bit too much of a generalisation. Girls can, and do, feel instant attraction too. We might be a bit more hesitant and level-headed about rushing things but I think that's because it is instinctive for us to be looking for someone who'll be around for a while so maybe we spend a bit of time mentally trying on the relationship before we commit to anything. But I'm sure there must be guys who do the same, no?

yes squiggle I think you are right but it is very irritating when all you want is a fling or something even more casual and the guy automatically assumes you are after a relationship.

I was seeing a guy for a while and when it got boring i stopped texting as did he but I met his ex at a party and she said he said I "dumped" him for being too bookish .
no 1. that is the LAST reason I would dump someone
no. 2 I wasn't even aware there was a relationship to be dumped from

Sometimes guys us girls just want to have a laugh and not quick march you down to TSB for a first time buyers package

yes squiggle I think you are right but it is very irritating when all you want is a fling or something even more casual and the guy automatically assumes you are after a relationship.

I was seeing a guy for a while and when it got boring i stopped texting as did he but I met his ex at a party and she said he said I "dumped" him for being too bookish .
no 1. that is the LAST reason I would dump someone
no. 2 I wasn't even aware there was a relationship to be dumped from

Sometimes guys us girls just want to have a laugh and not quick march you down to TSB for a first time buyers package

Yep, I agree with you on this one too, and it can be horrible. Lack of communication and understanding can be a pain. I think I really am going to have to market a series of badges and flash cards, and possibly t-shirts, to help people to spell it out.

I think far too much emphasis is put on the differences between the way men and women think, so much so that we're all slightly scared by it. We (girls) start a relationship thinking that he's just after one thing and when he gets bored with it he'll be out of there, and the guys are going into it like rabbits caught in the headlights of a giant truck with "lifelong sentence" emblazoned on the sides.

Yep, I agree with you on this one too, and it can be horrible. Lack of communication and understanding can be a pain. I think I really am going to have to market a series of badges and flash cards, and possibly t-shirts, to help people to spell it out.

I think far too much emphasis is put on the differences between the way men and women think, so much so that we're all slightly scared by it. We (girls) start a relationship thinking that he's just after one thing and when he gets bored with it he'll be out of there, and the guys are going into it like rabbits caught in the headlights of a giant truck with "lifelong sentence" emblazoned on the sides.

???

Either girls or boys can be into a long term relationship or a fling - it's not dependant on gender. I was saying that lads like girls physically so they fall for girls straight away. Girls might be attracted to guys at first sight but it's quite weak compared to the way guys do.

Anyway, my main point was that at the end of the day guys like and want girls more than girls want guys. Whether it's for a relationship or a nice bit of sex.

Also, I don't care what census '06 says, there are WAY more guys than girls in this country in their 20s.

I was saying that lads like girls physically so they fall for girls straight away. Girls might be attracted to guys at first sight but it's quite weak compared to the way guys do.

Anyway, my main point was that at the end of the day guys like and want girls more than girls want guys. Whether it's for a relationship or a nice bit of sex.

I just can't agree with this. Not all girls, or guys, are created equally. There are women who feel very strong, almost instant, physical attraction for guys. There is at least one guy around Dublin of whom the merest sight makes me go weak at the knees. I don't think it is about liking or wanting more. I think it is more about the way that society judges men and women differently for the same behavior. A man who goes after what he wants is seen as normal, a woman would be seen at best as a bit of a slut, at worst as a headcase.

Now that would definitely get any guy noticed!

that's not true at all. the only way thats applicable is by including the word "SOME" in front of every instance of the words "guys" and "girls" in the first sentence. physical appearance does make an initial impression on both men and women. but what is much more important are certain elements of the personality, principally confidence, humour and the ability to stimulate the imagination.

Bullshit! Where do you live? Egypt? Everyone knows that guys are attracted to girls looks (apart from gays etc) ie. tits, legs, arse and face.

What are girls attracted to? Dick? No. Balls? No. Only maybe face, so thats only a quarter of what guys are attracted to in a girl.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that girls are attracted to guys, but it just takes them longer to realise it and it's smaller stuff, like how well they get on with others, charisma and stuff.

Bullshit! Where do you live? Egypt? Everyone knows that guys are attracted to girls looks (apart from gays etc) ie. tits, legs, arse and face.

What are girls attracted to? Dick? No. Balls? No. Only maybe face, so thats only a quarter of what guys are attracted to in a girl.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that girls are attracted to guys, but it just takes them longer to realise it and it's smaller stuff, like how well they get on with others, charisma and stuff.

come on, i'm calling your generalisations out as bullshit. have you ever met a woman who you found incredibly physically attractive but you quickly found her personality far less than appealing? or, do you know good looking guys who seem to have no luck getting women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back