Diylan - Hot for 2009 (2 Viewers)

Yeah it was me, you caught me out with your tricky questioning.
good work, Colombo.

Of course it wasn't me, I don't have a cynical bone in my body.

Really though, I don't think it was niall mc, read the comments later, a funny coincidence in the name though.
seriouscat.jpg

i wuz only joking lolz

yeah agreed, but who gives a a fuck like? Is anybody here losing any sleep over the fact they haven't been approached by the Times or whatever yet? Sure if the likes of Divisions Ruin or Crowd Control turned up in the Evening Herald we'd all rip them aprt on here over it anyway. Let's be honest - part of the attraction to the DIY punk/hardcore thing is the fact that it's pretty much as far from the mainstream as possible anyway, so if they did get into it, we'd all moan about "our" bands being taken away from us.

I don't recall Dylan ever announcing himself as being representative of punk or hardcore in this country, just the DIY ethic.The media are all over him partially because he's put out records by Hooray For Humans and Heathers, two indie rock bands who are expected to be the next Irish sensation this year, and they want to be seen as there from the start.Like has anyone seen Frigits or Kidd Blunt mentioned in these articles? I haven't. Do I care? No.

More power to Dylan, and I hope he uses the media to further his projects the way they're trying to use him to further their credibility. Our paths don't cross that often but I've always found him genuine and enthusiastic even if his overwhelming positivity is a little much sometimes :) , and while I'm not into the genre of music he deals in, I have the utmost respect for him. I'd much rather have some guy who actively does stuff in a really DIY way in the paper than some cartoon punk or indie hipster who thinks liking Blood Brothers and Refused makes them a hardcore band.

Yeah I agree with that too obviously, just didn't bother saying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back