DIY Guitar Messing About (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 50K
  • Watchers 4
supportyourlocalgirlgang GIF by GirlGang

So the easiest way to find a twist is to compare relief on either side of the neck. So your E and your G string relief with first and 15th fretted should be the same.

G string relief wahhh.

On the subject of g-strings, I accidentally bought a set of 11s with a wound g. Just stuck them on the tele there. Will have to wait until tomorrow till I fire it up 922FE26B-6DEA-4502-8544-B57032826BFF.jpeg

A bit of sloppy shellacking to test out the pigments.
A little bit of yellow/copper metallic pigment over bare wood and red stain on the orange one,

A bit more blue/copper on blue dye/bare on the other one

Metallic effect is slight, more of a slight lustre.. would look nice on an instrument tho..

. 3C24D55D-452E-41FF-9234-CE04FDDA649E.jpeg 189A81F8-8162-41CF-8905-B5612EB081D1.jpeg

I like wound G in drop / open tunings
I'm thinking of trying this out on one of mine. Maybe getting a set of 13s.
To get that big clang but also to eliminate any chance of bends. I'm anti bends at the min. And chords for that matter.

I'm thinking of trying this out on one of mine. Maybe getting a set of 13s.
To get that big clang but also to eliminate any chance of bends. I'm anti bends at the min. And chords for that matter.

harley benton/thomann have a set of 11s with a wound G - in their 'fancy' range, at the princely sum of 2.90. twas these I ordered in error..

worth a spin for the money.
don't entirely limit the oul bends - but certain make you a bit inhibited.

i just picked up a free secondhand table, thought it might be nice restoration project to replace our meh kitchen table; but it's a bit light for use as a kitchen table. so now i need to decide - turn it into a guitar, or restore it anyway?

i just picked up a free secondhand table, thought it might be nice restoration project to replace our meh kitchen table; but it's a bit light for use as a kitchen table. so now i need to decide - turn it into a guitar, or restore it anyway?

I seen that interaction. It's a nice looking bit of wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back