Distro list (2 Viewers)

MONARCH / GREY DATURAS - "DAWN OF THE CATALYST" split LP
MONARCH - debut aka "HELL" aka "666" 2xCD

Grand skippy/rotten tropics - consider em held.
Where you live rotten trop?
if you could hold a monarch/grey daturas aswell,that'd be great,down in cork monday to friday every week,message you when you get em in about picking em up off you anyway

Not neccessarily bigger labels, but there're a good few "popular" bands whose releases I'd like to get my hands on. Stuff like Against All Authority, A//Political, A Global Threat... Pretty much stuff I've been downloading for nothing but think the bands deserve a cut and would like to give back a bit to the scene or whatever. Most of them are only easily available through interpunk (as far as I can see)with ridiculous postage costs.

A Global Threat kick ass - i trade, so if their label (BYO) does'nt want to trade/is'nt interested in rimbaud releases that would be the end of it really.Doubt BYO would be up for that or even reply to me!Neither would No Idea recs if i asked to trade AAA records.
Alot of american labels i've tried to trade with in the past say that the releases i have are'nt in their 'scene' (Tragedy/Feral ward is a classic example).
Which is fair enough from their perspective.Was a total waste of time in me explaining to them that i don't subscribe or fit into a scene/releasing only the same kind of genre kind of way..
Its true that alot of the releases i distro are'nt like A Global threat et al...probably should look into that.Skubol has alot of stuff like that though as far as i know.

The one problem I find is that a lot of labels which would put out the bigger stuff like anythin on Robotic Empire, Ebullition or Level Plane for example can only be gotten from large distributors. For a distro like ours to get our hands on those records we need to set up an account (like with Ebullition) and be regularly getting releases from them. The HUGE problem with this is that it needs a pretty bi cash outlay which means that unless you were really going to make a go of it you simply can't afford to.

Maybe there is room for something along the lines of a big punk/hc "shop" (bigger than the distros anyway) along the lines of x-mist.. Though it'd take months to turn any bit of profit and you'd pretty much have to sell to England too..

Have college to contend with for the moment, but I'm gonna be starting up an i-tunes type online store in the next while. Not sure what format I'll be serving audio files in or whatever, but I'm fairly sure with enough spamming of boards, flyering/postering and showcase gigs, it could work out well.

[edit]
Forgot to put this in context... Costs should be minimal if I start off with just serving files from a website and once I've raised enough capital from that I hope to move into vinyl/CD/DVD distro.
[/edit]

The one problem I find is that a lot of labels which would put out the bigger stuff like anythin on Robotic Empire, Ebullition or Level Plane for example can only be gotten from large distributors. For a distro like ours to get our hands on those records we need to set up an account (like with Ebullition) and be regularly getting releases from them. The HUGE problem with this is that it needs a pretty bi cash outlay which means that unless you were really going to make a go of it you simply can't afford to.

Maybe there is room for something along the lines of a big punk/hc "shop" (bigger than the distros anyway) along the lines of x-mist.. Though it'd take months to turn any bit of profit and you'd pretty much have to sell to England too..

For obvious reasons, I feel like I know what I'm talking about here:
It's a lovely idea, but it's failed twice already, and will never work here. There is not a big enough amount of people in this country who buy records for this to work.Particularly RE/Level plane/Ebullition type stuff.

Have college to contend with for the moment, but I'm gonna be starting up an i-tunes type online store in the next while. Not sure what format I'll be serving audio files in or whatever, but I'm fairly sure with enough spamming of boards, flyering/postering and showcase gigs, it could work out well.

[edit]
Forgot to put this in context... Costs should be minimal if I start off with just serving files from a website and once I've raised enough capital from that I hope to move into vinyl/CD/DVD distro.
[/edit]

i'd be interested in how this works out!! hope it goes well.

I'd agree jamie - not enough people into recs here.Maybe if i had a car and toured around the distro it may work

Not neccessarily bigger labels, but there're a good few "popular" bands whose releases I'd like to get my hands on. Stuff like Against All Authority, A//Political, A Global Threat... Pretty much stuff I've been downloading for nothing but think the bands deserve a cut and would like to give back a bit to the scene or whatever. Most of them are only easily available through interpunk (as far as I can see)with ridiculous postage costs.
Dregin not sure if you heard but A//political are going to be releasing a discography some time this year and by the sounds of it it shall be very interesting as I think it will come with a huge amount of reading material from the band and anarchist groups. I am planning on getting some stuff off them once I get me distro started up. but if you cannot wait that long their stuff is pretty cheap
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Hall/8691/crasshole/chrecords.html
(I would e-mail them before sending away as think website is pretty old)

Ah fuck it man, if you're gettin some I'll hold out for that. Give ya a bit of business :p Fuckin Jasper sent a text around about toxic waste this mornin. So fuckin pissed off that landed right in the middle of exams :( Ah well. I'd say it'll be deadly.

yeah Murder City/Rejected were both fairly well stocked but people just weren't interested.Distros, as you know Eamonn, you get the same 5 or 6 people the whole time.Though having said that, Igor and Bello pretty much cleared me out a few months ago, so I can't complain!

Is Freebird the shop that'sa cross from the Eager Beaver? If so it's a pretty daycent shop...but there's still fuck all hardcore in there. That was the cd section though, I didn't check the vinyls. And in Borderline too they have hardly any hardcore in there on cd. It's kinda disappointing.

New at Rimbaud distro - http://www.rimbaudrecords.com/shop

- Highgate - Untitled (Trust010)

Trust010-Highgate.jpg
Release Date: 17/01/2008

Genre: Extreme DOOM / Black

Limitation: First press 1000 copies

Availability: Available

Tracklist:
1. Untitled

Total Playing Time: 54 Minutes

Description:
The album of Kentucky sick trio Highgate offers 1 untitled track, but not less then 54 minutes of nasty combination between Hybrid minimalist Doom, experimental noise and Grim Black Metal. Expect for a loud and noisy production and prepare yourself for the worse! The sound of apocalypse…

10 Euro

- Paganus - S/T (Trust009)

Trust009-Paganus.jpg
Release Date: 12/01/2008

Genre: Extreme DOOM

Tracklist:
1. Paganus
2. Skullsplitter
3. Blood soaked boots
4. Stab

Total Playing Time: 49 Minutes

Description:
Paganus full-length features 4 tracks of vicious extreme Doom metal clocking in at almost 50 minutes! A raw Extreme heaviness filled with crushing riffs, "doomy soundscapes", wicked vocals and lots of negative emotions… Recommended for fans of Burning Witch, Khanate, High on Fire, Neurosis...

10 Euro

- Volition - S/T (Trust008)

Trust008-Volition.jpg
Release Date: 01/01/2008

Genre: Punishing filthy DOOM

Limitation: Strictly limited to 1000 copies

Tracklist:
1. To Those We Have Lost
2. Martyrdom
3. Tempestuous Seas
4. Pathogen
5. The Mistress
6. Cheyne Stoking
7. Halls Of Degradation
8. Do What Thou Wilt

Total Playing Time: 58 Minutes

Description:
The full-length album of this British gang delivers eight songs of punishing sick Doom that consist in ultra heavy downtuned guitars, slow pounding drums, guttural vocals (from deep grunts, to fucked up screams) and an excellent dirty, yet crushing production! This hour of filth has been recorded, mixed and mastered at Studio 1in12 by Bri (Lazarus Blackstar) and is recommended for fans of Coffins, Corrupted, Winter, Noothgrush, Toadliquor…

10 EURO

- The Knell - Harm (Trust005)

Trust005-TheKnell.jpg
Release Date: 12/01/2007

Genre: Doom / Death Metal

Tracklist:
1. Black Veil (And Promise)
2. Idem
3. Angel Sobbing
4. Jerusalem Frost
5. Encounter Of Flames *
6. Harm
7. Winter Shade

Total Playing Time: 52 Minutes

Description:
After 9 hard years of existence, the long awaited debut album of the Israeli Doomsters The Knell is finally out! "Harm" has been mastered by Greg Chandler (Esoteric) and contains 7 tracks for more than 50 minutes of heavy, thick and beefy Doom/Death Metal. This album is not a tribute for the nineties and the glory days of the genre, but a proof that Doom/Death is still kicking in the twenty one century and even more relevant than ever. Doom on!

Anahita - Arcana En Cantos cdr (Fursaxa and Espers members)

€6.00

"This is the first release from the duo of Tara Burke (Fursaxa) and Cellist Helena Espvall-Santorleri (Espers) Its three tracks will sound familiar to Fursaxa fans but the cello and extra female vocals provide more undertows to the slow whirl... The cover art is a luscious painting by Helena's husband Paul." - Deserted Village.

The Process - The Kennedy Sessions cd (Lawgiver)

€8.00

This excellent collection of songs culled from various demos and a 7" makes you sad that the band can't get together enough to write more songs more often. Formed from the ashes of such Scottish hardcore luminaries as Shank, Scatha and In Decades Decline, The Process go down the Cleveland style of hardcore (or so I'm told) route and jam some straight up power fucking violent hardcore action in there too. It's the very epitome of tough hardcore that isn't boneheaded in the slightest. It's also surprisingly catchy, maybe in part due to the simplicity, but mainly down to the great songwriting that means you have riffs you can positively take a bite out of, all diminished fifths and speedy runs. Nae messin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back