Dispatches: Sandwiches Unwrapped (1 Viewer)

On Channel 4 tonight at 8pm. I'm afraid to watch this.

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/dispatches-sandwiches-unwrapped/

tip of the iceberg (lettuce) really. surely you didnt think that ham or any other meat could make it into such amazing bone and gristle free chunks without some clever reconstituting.

anyone remember the scrutiny that chicken nuggets and fish fingers came under a few years back?

i'd put money on the bread they use also being riddled with additives to take away any adverse reaction the body has to some of the fillings contents. and i wouldnt be surprised if marks n spencers is one of the big offenders.

make your own sambos - its often more satisfying and you get the portions you want.

ugh, pre-packed sandwiches make me shudder. Especially freshways. The only ones I will touch if I am very desperate are M&S ones as I have kidded myself that despite the fact they're shipped over from the UK (I mean, come on like, what fool am I) they're 'safer' than other ones...thank god I don't do that regularly!! And I'll only eat the chicken, no mayo. I do gag sometimes eating them though :-X
In college, nearly everyone (er, except me) survived on pre-packed sambos.

We supply them at work (petrol station). Needless to say I don't eat them anymore. There are some people who will actually go for these above our fresh(er) ones from the deli.

i watched it, not as bad as i was expecting, also kinda made me hungry

I got a wrap with cajun chicken in the Spar in Newbridge and took one look at it and binned it :( It smelled weird. I felt bad about wasting the food but noone else would have eaten it, believe me!!

that place is a kip and hopefully will shut down. The Centra down towards the bridge is far nicer. Best breakfast rolls ever.

It used to make me sick putting together the sandwich ingredients in Spar. Take your big sheet of chicken, hack it into a big bucket of tika mayonnaise, stir it all together with a big stick and voila, chicken tika. Some of the sandwich combinations people asked for were weird. Chicken tika and coleslaw, egg mayonnaise and potato salad. Put it all into a big cuisine de france piece of stodge and charge 3 euro for it.

09_09_5---Sandwich_web.jpg

=
706px-Mouse_in_mousetrap.jpg

i wouldnt be surprised if marks n spencers is one of the big offenders.

Myself and a few other poor students used to work in sandwich factories a few years ago (actually, uh, many years ago) but apparently the M&S factory was spotless. I on the otherhand worked in the factory which served everyone but M&S. It was a long time before I touched a pre-packed sarnie again. And a long time before I could so much as look at coleslaw...

Another thing about prepacked sandwiches you buy in Ireland - a lot of them are made in Britain and take a couple of days to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back