disgusting food (1 Viewer)

I just bought four pigs trotters and am going to make crubeens... Yum!

Are you from Limerick or something? Gah, crubeens. Still they're good for throwing at Tipp fellas after they've beat you in a match. Or so I have heard.

Olives = gak
Mangoes = gak

I was going to start a thread about this. Olives taste weird and wrong at first but if you persist with them they're lovely and it's sooo worth it.

I don't know what you're on about with mangoes though. They're always nice.

I've theory on disgusting sounding food. I reckon it's all gorgeous. Why else would people eat it?

The proof?
Haggis

Bolivians can be quite traditional peoples, they use llama foetuses (foetii?) and coca leaves as a solution to pretty much everything. I had llama meat in some tamales (I think... maybe mixing up my traditional corn based foods) and it was perfectly fine. Think it was meat rather than foetus tho.

mangoes and olives are both delicious. mangoes must be chilled though, and sliced nicely (preferably by someone other than the eater). I ate bucket loads of them recently but always found that if you got it from a wheel barrow sitting on the street in 40 degree heat they were too warm and messy to really enjoy.

I actually can't STAND strawberries. I'd vomit if I had to eat a whole one. In fact, I think I hate almost every berry except gooseberries.

Gonna get a slating for this now, so I am.

In fact, I think I hate almost every berry

AD653-Halle_Berry.jpg

All fish.
Olives.
Celery.
Chocolate with ginger in it.
Butterscotch.
Some toffees.
Cheese cake.
Egg whites.

and the mother of all rotters...

Chocolate sufflè.

i was in a car in benin a few months ago and we stopped for some reason and a bunch of children ran up to us and thrust rat and bat skewers in the window past us. they were selling them as snacks but i was too disgusted to even consider buying them. the sticks were shoved up the rats arses and out their mouths and tails were waving about in my face and all the hair wasnt even burned off, i wasnt convinced they were cooked or cleaned properly at all. the bats were similarly impaled on the sticks. i dont remember if they had tails or not but they had large burnt leathery wings flapping about. that was a nasty journey - 5 full grown adults (inc me) and a baby sitting in the back seat of the car and 5 more full grown adults squished into the front and everyones luggage shoved behind my head.

Bell peppers - they're in fucking everything. Ugh. I like jalepeno peppers and chillis though.
Cauliflour - stinky and pointless.
Fish in parsely sauce - *gag*
Any boiled meat or veg - reminds me of my mother-in-law.

I know its not technically a food, but does anyone remember the 'rasberry milkshake' flavour worm medicine you had to take as a kid?

it was dark pink, and it was kind of salty/fake rasberry flavour with the texture of sand in water.

my jaw waters just thinking of it and that takes a lot with me.

You were all pandered to as children then? Never told to eat up and shut up?

A friend of mine doesn't eat vegetables. He's repulsed by them and can't bring himself to swallow them. He got away with eating vegetables as a kid because being the youngest in a big family his parents were too tired to argue. Now he just eats meat. I don't know how he's not dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back