Dinosaur Jr gear stolen! (1 Viewer)

I know this sounds odd, but o Rourke was too good a bass player for them, way better then kim.
The albums he did with them are brilliant, but I kind of file them under a different catagory.
Rather Ripped is a return to a more familiar sound...
Its nice to hear kim playing again and just two guitars (apart from the overdubs)

yea well that's sort of the thing for me.they were playing together for 20 years and jim o'rourke was a fresh perspective, exactly what they needed, and his bassline on say, 'pattern recognition' (amazing) is something kim would never have done. now they're back covering old ground.they're still great of course but there's a dip in quality.and the shit lyrics don't help.

sure. see you in the yellow campsite half an hour after darren's gone to sleep moose.

Cool can't wait. I reckon leave it for an hour though to make sure like. I'm headin home shortly, hopefully see ya down there at some stage before then anyhow.

yea well that's sort of the thing for me.they were playing together for 20 years and jim o'rourke was a fresh perspective, exactly what they needed, and his bassline on say, 'pattern recognition' (amazing) is something kim would never have done. now they're back covering old ground.they're still great of course but there's a dip in quality.and the shit lyrics don't help.

Fair enough, but sher isint it great that we're so spoilt for choice

Man you people are soooooooo touchy, it's not like it was a good band like a-ha or something, i'd have some fucking sympathy then. I bet it was an insurance scam so that Barlow could feed his baby, the baby of the woman that ruined Sebadoh!

I know this sounds odd, but o Rourke was too good a bass player for them, way better then kim.
The albums he did with them are brilliant, but I kind of file them under a different catagory.
Rather Ripped is a return to a more familiar sound...
Its nice to hear kim playing again and just two guitars (apart from the overdubs)
love the new one!

this is the well known theory that most of sebadoh's best work occured before lou married kathleen barlow (nee billlius) and when they finally did tie the knot, lou's productivity became a lot... well crapper.
it's only a theory now mind.
and i'm only quoting it.

Here, any of yiz get the remastered III?
All the crazy eric tunes on disc 2 flippin rule

this is the well known theory that most of sebadoh's best work occured before lou married kathleen barlow (nee billlius) and when they finally did tie the knot, lou's productivity became a lot... well crapper.
it's only a theory now mind.
and i'm only quoting it.

Yes, but most of his best work was also inspired by her when they were dating, and because of her leaving him before they got back together. Theory quashed.

On another note, J and the boys seem to have come up with a few money making schemes to cover their losses.

Nike's Dinosaur Jr. SB Dunk High

Coming to pretentious sneaker shrines this fall.
dinonike1.jpg

dinonike2.jpg

Soooo whack.

Yes, but most of his best work was also inspired by her when they were dating, and because of her leaving him before they got back together. Theory quashed.

no the theory still holds some water. the theory clearly states, and i quote " lou's best work occured before he married yer wan."
although much of his best work does revolve around her, he got crap when he married her.
again i'm only quoting.

wow, they're nearly as hideous as the melvins and pushead ones

actually the pushead ones had cool insoles and a deadly box

no the theory still holds some water. the theory clearly states, and i quote " lou's best work occured before he married yer wan."
although much of his best work does revolve around her, he got crap when he married her.
again i'm only quoting.

Oh I agree with you there. It's the stability of a good marraige that put out the fire in his songwriting. 'Willing to Wait' was the beginning of the rot.

On another note, J and the boys seem to have come up with a few money making schemes to cover their losses.

Nike's Dinosaur Jr. SB Dunk High

Coming to pretentious sneaker shrines this fall.
dinonike1.jpg

dinonike2.jpg

Soooo whack.

I'm fuckin disgusted!
That better be a hoax

Oh I agree with you there. It's the stability of a good marraige that put out the fire in his songwriting. 'Willing to Wait' was the beginning of the rot.

the anomaly, or rather the exception that proves the rule is that willing to wait was actually written before they got married. it was written i believe around bakesale era when lou hired a lawyer to sue dinasour for royalties, and kath ended up running away with him. but it was too crap to record at the time. so they recorded it as a segway into them becoming shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back