Digital Radios (1 Viewer)

krusty411

Website
www.myspace.com
anyone got one ? i seen one in lidl the other day was thinking of getting it and was wondering if you can get english radio stations on it cause they play nothing but muck on the irish one's during the day, kerrang would even be better than what im listening to at the moment when im not underground or in the office, any info ?

digital radios.. picking up airwaves or ya plug them into your ntl? if its airwaves, see if they have mw or lw on em and you can get some english stations.. as for the ntl, they are all set "channels"

you should pick up english stations on mw..
FM is for local radio.. mainly whats in your area and then big stations like rte.
MW should get you england for sure and LW will get you the rest of europe..

check here for the english stations heard from cork
http://homepage.eircom.net/~fm_radio/corkMW.html

if you dont get hald of what was recorded on that page its because the radio that was used had a aerial fitted for that band (MW) and the small aerial on a radio just cant cut it sometimes.. no harm in trying.. let me know what you get..

:) Yer both off the mark there. A 'proper' digital radio actually doesn't use FM/AM/MW at all but uses something called DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) which basically means it does the same as your Sky box & dish but only picks up the audio stations. Here's a list to what you can get:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAB_in_Ireland

However:
Q: Can I receive stations from outside Ireland on my DAB receiver?
A: No. Unlike satellite radio or Internet radio, DAB digital radio is land based and only operates within its transmission range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back