Dig Lazerus Dig (whistle while ya work) (1 Viewer)

Yeah i downloaded it on Monday and ive been listening to it all week in work. Its really great. Defo the best ive hear off them in a while

Am lovin' it. But whenever I hear his voice I still picture a handsome young man with a full head of hair... on his actual head, instead of his upper lip..... sigh.

I enjoyed it a lot on first listen. They've definitely taken a thing or two from the Grinderman escapade, lyrically anyway and in the less overblown arrangements, whilst still being smoother than Grinderman.
I liked the Author one the best, I think. Thought they all blurred into one as albums in work do.
More News From Nowhere was slinky and last, so it's in my head.
He writes entertaining lists.

Anyone in London?

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds play HMV Oxford Street, London on release of Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!

To celebrate the launch of their new album DIG, LAZARUS, DIG!!!, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will be performing live and then signing copies of their new album Dig Lazarus Dig! at HMV, 150 Oxford Street, LONDON, UK on Monday 3rd March at 6.00pm.

Please note due to time restrictions access to meet the band will be limited to 300 fans only. Wristbands that allow access to the queue to get a signed album will be given away from the store on the day of the event from 9.00am on a first-come first-served basis, one wristband per customer only, no reservations.

I was lucky enough to get in to see Spiritualised and Nick Cave playing at Air Studios on Sunday night in London - it was very very surreal. They played whole new album and then Tupelo as encore.

Things I learned over the course of the evening that I had not previously believed to be true...

Nick Cave wears a lot of face make-up.
Nick Cave is a talented but cranky bastard.
Warren Ellis is a genius and I want him to be my dad.
Jason Pierce is also semi-genius like.
Jason Pierce needs a hug.
Jason Pierce did a cover of Daniel Johnstons' True Love will Find You that managed to make me cry.

I've photos on my phone to which i will endeavour to upload.

I googled 'dig!!! lazarus dig!!! genius' and got 95,700 results.
Whereas 'dig!!! lazarus dig!!! retarded' only gets 21,800 results.
Speaks for itself

I'm enjoying this less since I bought it. There are a lot of mediocre tunes that bounce along with tasteful basslines and briskly strummed acoustic guitar, basically platforms for Cave's lyrics and not much else. They blur into one.
I still like More News From Nowhere, Jesus of the Moon, Moonland and We Call Upon the Author.

deadly deadly album.

anybody have a digital copy of this they want to upload? i forked out €25 for the vinyl (julie form road actually apologised for the price) and you don't even get a download code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back