Did anyone buy a Chromecast in Ireland yet? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if you can use hola with the chromecast?

Brilliant. My laptop is a chromebook, so figured I'd be better off sticking with the cc over apple tv.
I miss the beeb.

Is it like tunnelbear? Installs as a VPN service you just turn on & off in settings? worth it.

Has anyone been using Mobdro?

MOBDRO - Discover a world of video streams

The brother's bird says it's the biz. She's a scientist, but I still don't trust her.

A lad in work has everyone using it, including our Financial Controller!

They're all raving about it. I was tempted to e-mail everyone this old chestnut

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had an EZcast. I used it once or twice. Cheap piece of crap. It eventually , literally fell apart. Avoid

I get all my internet and entertainment for €20 a month. Here's how:

• You will need two smartphones ideally although you could just use one smartphone but it will eat your battery in no time.
  • Have one phone on the All That You Can Eat Data plan with Three.ie for €20 per month
  • Buy Chromecast
  • Enable Hotspot and Data on phone that has All That You Can Eat Data with Three.ie
  • Download Terrarium TV, Mobdro and All Cast on spare phone
  • Enable Wifi On Spare Phone and Connect To Hotspot on Three.phone
  • Configure Chromecast to Three.ie Phone
  • Go into Terrarium and open whatever movie or TV show takes your fancy on Spare Phone
  • Open Movie or TV Show with the All Cast App
  • Point Spare Phone at TV
  • You can Do this with Mobdro if you want to watch Footie or different tv from around the World
  • Enjoy!

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot of work.

Honestly mate -its a piece of cake..follow those instruction to a T and you'll be grand. Chromecast is a doddle to set up -- it practically does it for you! If you have a spare smart phone or evenif you bought a cheap one on donedeal and download all your entertainment apps on it and then buy a Chromecast for 40 euro -- you are saying yourself over grand a year with Sky.

Honestly mate -its a piece of cake..follow those instruction to a T and you'll be grand. Chromecast is a doddle to set up -- it practically does it for you! If you have a spare smart phone or evenif you bought a cheap one on donedeal and download all your entertainment apps on it and then buy a Chromecast for 40 euro -- you are saying yourself over grand a year with Sky.
Sky isn't that expensive and why do you need a data plan instead of using your wifi? And why not plug in your phone instead of buying a second one?

Sky isn't that expensive and why do you need a data plan instead of using your wifi? And why not plug in your phone instead of buying a second one?

I got rid of Sky broadband/TV package altogether. I use my all that you can eat data plan instead as a router for the other phone via the hotspot. Believe me -90 Euro a month adds up when you have to pay nearly 1200 a month on a morgage.

You could use one phone and mirror it to the tv but the audio will be slightly out of sync. I found that it would overheat and would make my phone behave erratically.

Last edited:
Ok. I only have Sky TV, don't use their broadband/movies/sport so happy enough with that rather than messing about with all that mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back