Did anyone buy a Chromecast in Ireland yet? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if you can use hola with the chromecast?

Brilliant. My laptop is a chromebook, so figured I'd be better off sticking with the cc over apple tv.
I miss the beeb.

Is it like tunnelbear? Installs as a VPN service you just turn on & off in settings? worth it.

Has anyone been using Mobdro?

MOBDRO - Discover a world of video streams

The brother's bird says it's the biz. She's a scientist, but I still don't trust her.

A lad in work has everyone using it, including our Financial Controller!

They're all raving about it. I was tempted to e-mail everyone this old chestnut

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had an EZcast. I used it once or twice. Cheap piece of crap. It eventually , literally fell apart. Avoid

I get all my internet and entertainment for €20 a month. Here's how:

• You will need two smartphones ideally although you could just use one smartphone but it will eat your battery in no time.
  • Have one phone on the All That You Can Eat Data plan with Three.ie for €20 per month
  • Buy Chromecast
  • Enable Hotspot and Data on phone that has All That You Can Eat Data with Three.ie
  • Download Terrarium TV, Mobdro and All Cast on spare phone
  • Enable Wifi On Spare Phone and Connect To Hotspot on Three.phone
  • Configure Chromecast to Three.ie Phone
  • Go into Terrarium and open whatever movie or TV show takes your fancy on Spare Phone
  • Open Movie or TV Show with the All Cast App
  • Point Spare Phone at TV
  • You can Do this with Mobdro if you want to watch Footie or different tv from around the World
  • Enjoy!

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot of work.

Honestly mate -its a piece of cake..follow those instruction to a T and you'll be grand. Chromecast is a doddle to set up -- it practically does it for you! If you have a spare smart phone or evenif you bought a cheap one on donedeal and download all your entertainment apps on it and then buy a Chromecast for 40 euro -- you are saying yourself over grand a year with Sky.

Honestly mate -its a piece of cake..follow those instruction to a T and you'll be grand. Chromecast is a doddle to set up -- it practically does it for you! If you have a spare smart phone or evenif you bought a cheap one on donedeal and download all your entertainment apps on it and then buy a Chromecast for 40 euro -- you are saying yourself over grand a year with Sky.
Sky isn't that expensive and why do you need a data plan instead of using your wifi? And why not plug in your phone instead of buying a second one?

Sky isn't that expensive and why do you need a data plan instead of using your wifi? And why not plug in your phone instead of buying a second one?

I got rid of Sky broadband/TV package altogether. I use my all that you can eat data plan instead as a router for the other phone via the hotspot. Believe me -90 Euro a month adds up when you have to pay nearly 1200 a month on a morgage.

You could use one phone and mirror it to the tv but the audio will be slightly out of sync. I found that it would overheat and would make my phone behave erratically.

Last edited:
Ok. I only have Sky TV, don't use their broadband/movies/sport so happy enough with that rather than messing about with all that mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back