deputy fuzz (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by hapi
they're fuckin deadly by the way. deputy fuzz are the new chalets! or is it the other way around? ah heck, i'm in trouble no matter what i say...

I cant believe all you people. How can you think they are good (even in a quirky way)???. I can honestly say that that was one of the worst gigs I have been at in a LONG LONG time.

Sorry if that offends any of you settler folk but, I just thought they were really really poor. and quite irritating to be honest. I couldnt wait for them to end and hope I never see them again.

!bog

Originally posted by DontMugYourself
I cant believe all you people. How can you think they are good (even in a quirky way)???. I can honestly say that that was one of the worst gigs I have been at in a LONG LONG time.

Sorry if that offends any of you settler folk but, I just thought they were really really poor. and quite irritating to be honest. I couldnt wait for them to end and hope I never see them again.

!bog

you are wrong. get the door on your way out, eh?

you are wrong. get the door on your way out, eh?

Everyones entitled to their opinions. You can't just label him as wrong. A bit of honesty now and again is important. Once its not too nasty and is kinda constructive. Like, if everybody's band was great and they played great shows all of the time, wouldn't they be going places fast?

I don't agree entirely with Don't mug yourself as I've seen the Fuzz play really well and get their harmonies tight and everything else, and they were a breath of fresh air, that night. But every band has the odd duff gig, some admit it. I saw Fuzz play a duff gig once, but I think it was the sound where they played which put them off time, and they sounded sloppy.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Everyones entitled to their opinions. You can't just label him as wrong. A bit of honesty now and again is important. Once its not too nasty and is kinda constructive.

yes, you're right. i'm sorry. what he said was very insightful and constructive. dreaming of sweet cold booze ... very soon. yum yum.

yes, you're right. i'm sorry. what he said was very insightful and constructive. dreaming of sweet cold booze ... very soon. yum yum.

No it wasn't. Thats what I'm saying, if yer gonna diss someone for what you thought was a poor gig, at least explain. Maybe he just doesn't like pop tunes.

Originally posted by DontMugYourself

!bog

Jaysus, we have some.. erm.. *strong* opinion here...

Well first of all my compliments for being the first who's been brave enough to say he didn't like a gig on Thumped :D

Secondly, i think you've been a bit too harsh with the Fuzz...

I saw them twice (XFM Gig, Ballroom) and they have a great potential: this is probably what your people here see in them.

On the other hand it's true they have to get their sounds sorted. It's all very messy and most of the vibe gets lost for this reason. Same thing for the harmonies.

However, I think the one on Thumped is the right attitude: there are bands who everybody knows will go NOWHERE and shouldn't be praised. But this isn't the case of Deputy Fuzz. Give the lads a bit of time and they'll turn into a kick-ass band, me thinks.

Originally posted by Alex
................ But this isn't the case of Deputy Fuzz. Give the lads a bit of time and they'll turn into a kick-ass band, me thinks.

Agreed. I think they could make a kickass album. And release some very good singles.

Originally posted by hopper
they already have like, well a mini LP anyway

music for toys is definitely my no.1 quirky pop album of last year. you'd think some of ye would have bought it by now. losers.

Originally posted by pssc
i think alan was saying they're in their mid twenties
maybe i'm wrong
they said they're playing that anti-war thing on feb 15th in tbmc with female hercules, goodtime john + redneck manifesto
but don't quote me on that quote

the rednecks are playing with cheval de frise in kilkenny that night... they still hate war though. i'm guessing here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back