Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, I started this thread nearly 10 years ago. It has been a long time since I was on thumped and I am glad to see that this thread is still going.
Things are hugely better. Life has changed dramatically for me and am now working as a Complementary Therapist providing massage and reflexology.
Please if you feel like life really is just too difficult, waking up in the morning is too hard to face, ask for help... your parents, friends, doctor... people are there to help. Don't be afraid of medication and don't be afraid that if one thing doesn't work to try something else.

Its been of use to me. Depression is part of the currency of my disease. I've never called the helpline, but shir there's thumped, making shit acceptable since way back before it was cool.

And me too. Not that I've been here for 10 years but when I do read over this thread, it kind of alarms me how bad I was at different points in my life, and even though I still have my own struggles here and there this kind of reminds me of how far I've come, with diagnoses, medication, therapy and generally realising I had an illness and wasn't just a moepy fuck. I hope its helped other people in that way too.

It comes to a crux at times. the further effected i am by my disease the less i am able to engage in physical speech. tonight, as many nights before i've walked out of a perfectly good social situation because my ability to speak was gone. My guiding light in life at the minute is that i get approved for a medical card and i can get a fistful of antidepressants.

It comes to a crux at times. the further effected i am by my disease the less i am able to engage in physical speech. tonight, as many nights before i've walked out of a perfectly good social situation because my ability to speak was gone. My guiding light in life at the minute is that i get approved for a medical card and i can get a fistful of antidepressants.

I had a long post written but i deleted it because when i read it back it sounded patronising and that wan't my intention. Go well and i wish you the best.

I'm sorry to read this :( I can't even imagine what you're going through, and its really hard when chronic illness gets in the way of your social life. I had a similar - well not really that similar - issue earlier in the year with my illness, I was sick so often and in hospital so much that I just retreated and stopped seeing friends, got into financial problems. It gets better if you have people you can trust to talk to about it, and people who get whats happening so you don't have to explain if you're finding it difficult to talk, so you can chill and not say anything if you can't or just walk away with a nod or whatever. I hope you gots people like that in your corner. I'm sorry I sound patronising too. Chin up brotha.

having a bit of a crap time of late. off my meds about two months now, which i suppose could be part of it. also could be winter, and what not. heres to 2015 being way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back