dental woes. need help. (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
i have this tooth that was root treated over a year ago. it would give intermittant bother from time to time since then, but the pain would then disapate pretty quickly. i was planning on getting it crowned before christmas.

about a week and a half ago i loosened the filling in said tooth. i was on holiday at the time so i managed to stuggle through with the help of random italian painkillers and lots of vino. got the filing replaced yesterday morning. but it seems now the pain is as bad if not worse. it doesn't bother me so much during the day (i've yet to take anything for pain today for example) but as soon as my head hits the pillow its fucking agony with pain radiating all over my mouth.

the dentist said that because that particular tooth has odd shaped roots and has been giving me bother for so long she would be reluctant to crown it given that i could throw loads of money at the problem and end up having to extract the tooth anyway. can't afford bridge work (€3000 or something), so on the advice of my dentist i'm playing the wait and see game.

why am i telling you all this? cause i havent gotten more then 2/3 hours sleep a night for the last week and i'm pissed off. solpadine is no use, neurophen does fuck all. i'm considering giving skag a go just so i can get some shut eye. anybody else have anything like this happen to 'em? i'm shattered and i need a decent kip.

have you tried dispirin direct? Let it dissolve in the area around the tooth. This worked for my girlfriend recently when she had a similar problem

Not on the tooth though cos if you keep doing that over period of time it can apparently fuck up your gums

doorknob1.JPG

ball_of_string.jpg

the dentist said that because that particular tooth has odd shaped roots and has been giving me bother for so long she would be reluctant to crown it given that i could throw loads of money at the problem and end up having to extract the tooth anyway. can't afford bridge work (€3000 or something), so on the advice of my dentist i'm playing the wait and see game.

why not just get it pulled?

I remember seeing a mother and daughter prostitiute team on Gerlado extolling the merits of having all your teeth removed.

"You can give better blowjobs" you see

Just sayin

why not just get it pulled?

i'd happlly get the fucker pulled but i the dentist said we should wait and see if the tooth settles down. i just want to get some sleep.

Mr Jane had a filling replaced a couple of months ago, and he had a similar problem. It settled down eventually, but the poor lad was in a lot of pain for a while. It wasn't 24/7, but came in waves that were excruciating. I'm not sure what it was, but sometimes it can be that it takes a while for your gums to settle down.

Are you a teeth-grinder? I went to the dentist after I had my head bashed because I thought he'd knocked something loose, and she said that I was probably still in a bit of shock and was unwittingly clenching my teeth a lot, or grinding them in my sleep from nerves, and that the pain was probably making me clench them even a bit more.

In any case, I do hope it gets better. If painkillers aren't working and it keeps going, you might want to just be sure you don't have an abscess. Just to be on the safe side.

get prescription painkillers. or buy some codeine tablets and take them along with panadol.

is your tooth infected? do you need antibiotics maybe?

weird, I was gonna start a dental thread... anyway, fuck... my sympathies mark. I'm having some tooth woes too. though not as bad as you I'd say; still pretty bad. and getting worse. second last bottom molar. it's mostly filling, but I bust off a largish bit months ago on an almond while eating muesli. who puts almonds in muesli? didn't go to a dentist. I fucking hate them. they're my only true phobia. been taking a lot of what's lying around the house.. mostly neurofen cold and flu, which seems to work. dunno what it is about sleeping; I've been waking up in pain every night for the last couple of nights... last night I was ready to rip the tooth out had there been a pliers in the house. I suspect I might be getting an abcess as well... argh.

so anyway, I'm getting mine pulled as soon as possible. I'm dreading it terribly. anyone feel like telling me it's not gonna be nearly as bad as I'm fearing?

Fixing the filling is just masking the problem that lies beneath it. If you have odd shaped roots, root treatment can only do so much. It looks like you may need to have it extracted. Bridge work is expensive but I'd shop around, you'd be surprised how much prices vary without the compromise of professionalism.
Solpadene is the one painkillers dentists recommend and if that's not working, try get a prescription for Ponstan as a temporary measure and get a few different consultations and see what the general consensus is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back