Dental help/advice/experiences... (1 Viewer)

i have impacted wisdom teeth.

they're just chilling out, going nowhere - but they may in teh future.

fyi, impacted wisdoms look like this:

badtooth.jpg

DON'T GO ANYWHERE GUYSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've got them too.
Laid back... like me.

I never heard of that, fortunately.

When I had my wizzies done it was by this mad Greek fella who kept whispering 'No pain! No pain!' like the Antonio Banderas in Interview with the Vampire.

He cut the tooth into quarters and removed them piece by piece, all under local anaesthetic. No pain, no nerve damage. I've never heard of any other dentist doing it this way though. I'm sure yer man was a dentist... Hmmmm.

i did not want to read that :-(

has anyone ever travelled to another country for more affordable dental work? (seriously considering that one)

I've gotten work done in Czech Republic twice. The second time the guy had learnt English so he could explain to me what he was going to do (remove wisdom tooth).

It cost E7, took about five mins and I didn't feel a thing.

He went on for about fifteen mins thereafter about how bad Irish dentists are.

I've gotten work done in Czech Republic twice. The second time the guy had learnt English so he could explain to me what he was going to do (remove wisdom tooth).

It cost E7, took about five mins and I didn't feel a thing.

He went on for about fifteen mins thereafter about how bad Irish dentists are.

Off to Prague I go, I have a mouth filled with cavities. I've had root canals done without any pain killers, yurn. The cost will hurt you more.

Also I had a root canal done by John Lorden in Ranelagh (fancy clinic - sent there by my dentist) and he was amazing - no pain at all but it took an hour and a half, I didn't really notice I just kept waiting for the pain, he also topped up the numbness when I titched once, which was great.

Yes, it's the cost that hurts the most, but you will get tax back - 41% of cost if you pay that or 20% if you pay that.

i think i'm gonna barf.

So I should tell you that when I was 13 I had a wire tied around my tooth (front bottom) that was caught in my jaw bone. So this wire came up in my gums and was then attached to my braces. I would have to go in every three weeks and have the wire tightened, more or less slowly pulling the tooth up since it would never come up on its own. High times. Teeth are fun.

a guy told me a story before about getting a wisdom tooth pulled. the dentist had to put his knee on the guys chest to get it out

after that, i think mine are staying where they are. impacted or not
That happened to me when I went to a dental hospital. It wasn't a wisdom tooth but one at the back. Came out in the end!

You have to face your fears Georgie.

Dude- I've had a few. Root canal is uncomfortable, weird, but fairly painless. Don't worry.

That being said, putting it off, not getting it done, or getting it done by a dentist and not an endodontist (which I did in the 90s) can result in much much pain. I can't imagine many dentists will do it nowadays. I have experienced pain that I imagine is close to unmedicated childbirth on more than one occasion because of my poxy shitbird of a mouth.

Sorry

My wonderful awesome dude of a dentist recommended Maria Jennings on Leeson Street. Apparently she's the best you'll get in Dublin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back