Dedicated Glen Hansard Oscar Thread. (1 Viewer)

also, has that *ever* happened before, a winner being brought back out to finish a speech?? wonder if jon stewart insisted on it or what.

yeah, that was the touch, when I saw her trying to speak there, and the mike had been cut I was all :mad: and then she came back out, and Jon was being all sound and I was all :heart:

Sound sound sound.

ah thumped is great sometimes. so few pricks spitting the bile - perhaps we are all good natured souls deep down (cue ...?)...

fair play to them - an amazing achievement and good speeches too.

Hansard is gonna be even more insufferable now. Good job I watch very little Irish telly, listen to even less radio and stopped buying irish newspapers yonks ago. Still, fair play to him.

Shit song, shit film.
I don't think Glen Hansard is insufferable. The few times I've read an interview with him he seems like a real nice fella. Don't you like nice people, Mitchum?

Why would one of the most bitter places on earth suddenly start picking on somebody for being negative about something that is absolutely fair game for criticism? You're a bunch of weirdoes.

I think what Vinnie means here is "well done to Glen, fair play and sure top of the morning to him, not that I'd ever buy a frames album you see but sure isn't it a grand thing altogether and a great day for the Irish"

I hope Glen gives me some rep next time he's on thumped

I don't think Glen Hansard is insufferable. The few times I've read an interview with him he seems like a real nice fella. Don't you like nice people, Mitchum?

I find him mawkish at best. Yer wan Marketa is a friend of my missus btw so we sat up last night with an ah, vested interest. When I saw Honest Glen talking about how this one is for 'the mammy' on the red carpet preview I winced. Still, he's no Johnny Logan, I s'pose. 'Thank you Ireland'.

*flings pen across desk*[/Dunphy]

whats with this begrudgery . I doubt there is a single musician here on thumped would refuse an oscar nomination never mind the actual award. sour grapes .

paddy cacey is different...theres just something ....something ....oily about him ..*shudder*

y'know he hasn't washed his hair in 8 years, claiming it's the greasy sebaceous oils, that coat each damply matted curl, that act as an ariel for the everyday inspirations that pepper his dire monotonus dirges

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back