Dedicated Glen Hansard Oscar Thread. (1 Viewer)

I dont know why Glen always feels the need to make the Irish out to look like total feckless idiots.

way harsh. why do you think that?

I remember a case a few years ago where this Irish lad murdered someone in San Francisco. I didn't think that he made the Irish out to be murderers. Just that he was murderin scum himself. Thats all.

Whatever everyone thinks about him, fair fucks to Glen Hansard. I'm sure most people would have been a babblin mess up there in those circumstances. I thought he did quite well. And his speech was far from the worst. Some redhead english chick talked an unbelievable amount of shite, no doubt making all english people out to be feckless idiots.

way harsh. why do you think that?

I remember a case a few years ago where this Irish lad murdered someone in San Francisco. I didn't think that he made the Irish out to be murderers. Just that he was murderin scum himself. Thats all.

Was this, by any chance, the case where an Irish dude threw someone overboard (miles out to sea) and they drowned? My friend was on the boat and saw that happen.

Eh?
I picked that up totally different. He was the first Austrian recipient of the Best Foreign Film but he mentioned that great Hollywood directors had fled Austria because of the Nazis & it seemed fitting that he accept an award for a film about the nasty things the Nazis did. Clumsy, sure. Smug? Nah.

I liked when the Austrian dude was walking up to collect the oscar and the voiceover said
"this is the first oscar for ___ (insert the guys name) and the second Oscar for Austria"
Like the Oscar goes to the whole country!

Im proud of anyone called Vincent who has ever won an oscar. We're a pretty tight knit group us Vincents.

my middle name is vincent.

i came first in a meath community games art competition when i was 11. a little bit of that award is yours dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back