DECOMMISSIONED FEST - BELFAST, 23 + 24 AUGUST (1 Viewer)

Figure it's a good idea to put these up, driving directions if you are coming into Belfast from anywhere but the North!

Coming into Belfast on the motorway, follow signs for Outer Ring - Newtownards.
This will take you on to the outer ring road around the city. Keep following signs for Outer Ring/Newtownards for about 5 or 10 minutes. Keep your eyes on the signs at every junction, and after a while you will see a sign for CITY CENTRE - ORMEAU ROAD. This is the road you want to take. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THIS SIGN!!! The sign for this road should be near a big shopping centre, Forestside, that has Sainsbury's and Dunnes Stores in it, you can't really miss that.
Once you are on the Ormeau Road, just drive straight down it. You pass a small roundabout junction where the road kind of forks, take the left hand fork to continue down the Ormeau Road. The Pavilion is only a minute or two drive down there, on the right hand side of the road as you are driving down.

Corm,Next year you should call it the getting lost in Beflast fest.
Or GLIB for short.:)

Great wee 2 days. Good fun at the gig, nice to meet some people i haven't seen in a while and meeting new people.
STUNT definitively best band on sunday, they rocked it...well, ska-d it, big time. But (R)evolution Of A Sun were hands down the best band of the whole week-end, fucking amazing!

Good weekend. Shame Crowd Control couldn't play last night (nice one Andy). Wasn't too into the bands on Sunday but Revolution of a Sun were amazing on Saturday. Most fun at a Belfast gig in ages when they played. GSCK and Bacchus were also very good.

good craic alright, apart from getting lost in slightly dubious areas of belfast, thanks for the lift though steo! ROAS where excellent, twas good to hang out with the nordy punks too!

Thanks to everyone who came along, especially to all the bands that played, everyone from Belfast that helped out with posters etc. (and Ruby as for doing the door for ages!), and to everyone from outside Belfast that made it. Also thanks to the guys that lent us bits and pieces of sound equipment, and Marty for sitting at the desk for two days straight, and Phil for putting people up in his chateau.
Was a really good fun fest and amazingly easy to run, apart from a few minor difficulties early on the Saturday (sorry to anyone there at the time that my DVD player was broke and I couldn't stick a film on!).

There were some great sets over the course of the weekend, but I have to completely agree that (R)evolution of a Sun were absolutely fucking immense on Saturday. Best I've ever seen them play, and definitely one of the best sets I have ever seen from any Irish band anywhere, they were totally fucking amazing. They HAVE to get out of Cork more often! Seriously reminded me of watching the Tragedy and From Ashes Rise gigs in the Warzone 7 or so years ago, they were that fucking good. People in Belfast making a pyramid for them says it all really. The French lads (GSKC) were good themselves, but it would take something special to follow that! Fuck it, next time ROAS are playing Cork and I'm not doing something, I'm fucking going down there for it!

Also to The Gremlins and Apathetic Youth, who were on first both days, sorry there won't more people around and you had to play first, but at least it looked like the people there were enjoying your sets!

I think I'll let someone else organise the next Summer fest in Belfast, having done GGI last year as well as this I'm going to try and stick to 1-day gigs for a while I reckon.

P.S Donal shouldn't you be in Sicily or some shit?

What a fan-fuckin-tastic weekend, great laugh and great tunes both days. I had a ball, great to see a few new faces as well as old ones.

Thanks again Cormac .|..|

p.s. Cormac have ye ever thought about investing in a wireless mic?

ROAS should come to Belfast more often i would too wholeheartedly waste all of one week's worth shopping money to see them. Thought OFAC were hands down the best Irish band, but now i saw ROAS it's a tough call.

And Apathetic Youth doing a cover of The Dragged anthem "Wasted nation" = WIN!

I'd just like to thank everyone who listened to The Gremlins on Saturday evening.It was really sound of everyone and especially the guy who decided to strip for us........that was very nice haha.And thanks again for the gig Cormac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back