Decent places to eat in Dublin City Centre (1 Viewer)

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
This is the thread for discovering where the good places to eat in Dublin City Centre are. Anywhere around O'Connell Street/Abbey Street/Westmoreland Street/College Green/Temple Bar/Dame Street/ Pearse Street sort of thing.

Specifically we're looking for places where you can get a decent meal for a decent price, like around a tenner or so, not fancy places or places that charge way too much. Also looking for some variety, for instance burger places, pizza places, chinese, etc. And stay away from shit like Burger King, those kind of shitholes are not allowed. Might make an exception for Pizza Hut as their pizzas aren't so bad really.

I'll start with Zaytoon, Temple Bar - Cool kebabs + chips and drink for 10-11 euro or so, enough to fill you up even if you're starving.

This is the thread for discovering where the good places to eat in Dublin City Centre are. Anywhere around O'Connell Street/Abbey Street/Westmoreland Street/College Green/Temple Bar/Dame Street/ Pearse Street sort of thing.

Specifically we're looking for places where you can get a decent meal for a decent price, like around a tenner or so, not fancy places or places that charge way too much. Also looking for some variety, for instance burger places, pizza places, chinese, etc. And stay away from shit like Burger King, those kind of shitholes are not allowed. Might make an exception for Pizza Hut as their pizzas aren't so bad really.

I'll start with Zaytoon, Temple Bar - Cool kebabs + chips and drink for 10-11 euro or so, enough to fill you up even if you're starving.

Ricks Burgers= good eating. Not mad on Pizza Hut too greasy, Apache is better IMO the Lebonese place next door to Zaytoon is great too. I'm a big fan of Ciao Bella Roma on parliment st. their lunch deal is/was great.

Has there been a kebab thread? we could do with a definitve list. best ones are mostly around georges st, Hot Chilli being the best, the new Kebabish in portabello is class, great shwarma.

Fallon & Byrne on exchequer street have a deli counter where you can stuff like lamb stew & rice or beef stroganoff & mash for 7/8 euro. you can get salads/sandwiches in there too.

Cafe Fresh in the powerscourt centre do nice sandwiches with two salad portions for 6/7 euro. it's all vegetarian/vegan too.

the cafe in the IFI is ok too, nice burger & chips for 8 euro

Is Talbot street too far away for you? If not i recommend Le Bon Crubbeen. Very nice food and pretty reasonable.

Hmm might check that Bon Crubeen out sometime, walked past it a few times and thought it looked decent.

Yamamori on the quays just beside the Ha'penny bridge, can't forget that, real good quality food for 10-15 euro depending what you get, grand. Apparently the one on the quays is better than the one on George's Street.

the one in temple bar is under different (and much sounder) ownership. its the one on thomas st thats still owned by the pack of cunts.

Is Talbot street too far away for you? If not i recommend Le Bon Crubbeen. Very nice food and pretty reasonable.

I ate there a few days ago. The fish cakes starter was good and the steak was nice enough even though it was overcooked. Bread and butter pudding dessert was awesome. Lamb shank, chicken supreme and apple crumble were all excellent according to the others I was there with. Mains are all €10 - €12.50. Will definitely try it again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back