Where to eat in town? (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Meeting up with some mates in to the city centre (Dublin) on Saturday afternoon for lunch. Bringing kids with us (ages 5 and 6). Where's decent to go to? Don't really know anymore myself because I'm not in too often these days

The Market Bar on Fade Street is a safe enough bet. Food wise it's tapas, Irish style, but they have gadgets and geegaws on hand to keep kids entertained as well.

I went to Bull & Castle with my mate recently and his kids (5 and 8 I think) and it was good.

My kids are still a bit young to expect them to sit through a meal or let me talk to another adult so that's it for my recommendations.

ANSWER MY GODDAM QUESTION.

No I agree, I haven't been there since around 2016 maybe but lots of space for kids. And plum flavoured coffee.

A lot of changes in the city centre, going to post my lunch experiences here as they happen.

All Hail Jamaican Jerk, Dawson St: Taking over the Pablo Picante premises. They only do one dish, jerk chicken with rice, a corn on the cob, some sauce, and coleslaw. Expensive and a bit shit, no real flavour off the chicken.

A lot of changes in the city centre, going to post my lunch experiences here as they happen.

All Hail Jamaican Jerk, Dawson St: Taking over the Pablo Picante premises. They only do one dish, jerk chicken with rice, a corn on the cob, some sauce, and coleslaw. Expensive and a bit shit, no real flavour off the chicken.

sounds like bunch of jerks

Is their coffee still plum flavoured?
I have to suppress the urge to shout "THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH COFFEE FLAVOURED COFFEE?" when I see this kind of thing.

And every time I'm reminded that my journey to becoming an angry, bitter old man who complains about other people's coffee is one step closer.

Like, I can just about deal with it when they mark it clearly keep it away from me, but increasingly they add shit "because it's Halloween" etc, as a nice surprise. It's not a nice surprise. I'm old, and I fought in two world wars, and I don't want FUCKING PUNKIN FLAVOR in my FUCKING COFFEE, EVEN IF YOU SPELL IT IN A CUTESY WAY.
You. absolute. cunts.

Cloud Picker on Pearse St. Nice coffee in there but I got lunch in there for the first time today. Toasted chicken, cheese and onion marmalade sandwich and a hot chocolate. Sandwich was nice but a bit dry, hot chocolate was made with some fancy melted chocolate that tasted of port when I got to the bottom. Not a fan. €11 or so, which is fairly steep.

Cloud Picker on Pearse St. Nice coffee in there but I got lunch in there for the first time today. Toasted chicken, cheese and onion marmalade sandwich and a hot chocolate. Sandwich was nice but a bit dry, hot chocolate was made with some fancy melted chocolate that tasted of port when I got to the bottom. Not a fan. €11 or so, which is fairly steep.

they do/did amazing (if pricey) buns pre-covid. my regular morning coffee stop when I was in office in trinners.

They had an amazing looking dulce de leche (spelling?) croissant there today which I was very tempted by. Will still grab coffee there but not fussed on a sandwich there again. Especially with Bread 41 and Honey Truffle nearby. And Pig and Heifer.

They had an amazing looking dulce de leche (spelling?) croissant there today which I was very tempted by. Will still grab coffee there but not fussed on a sandwich there again. Especially with Bread 41 and Honey Truffle nearby. And Pig and Heifer.

yep - that side of trinity is well served.

did you ever try that spanish place further up the street?

I usually buy half a loaf of Brennan's wholegrain bread (which is vegan) and some water or juice at various locations. never buy food in restaurants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back