Where to eat in town? (1 Viewer)

just walked by it. Its closed down. Second failed business in that spot after the Yellow Cup House cafe before it. A shame.
I think it’s “too far” from the TCD Pearse St gate so people from my end of the university don’t go down there as a huge part of the TCD crowd (and judging from the amount of Trinity ID cards you see in the other cafes they are a substantial proportion of the clientele in the area) are usually in a mad rush so go for the more convenient/nearer options.

That said, I am absolutely gutted that Lunch! on Lombard St. is gone. Cajun Chicken Panini and chips RIP

I think it’s “too far” from the TCD Pearse St gate so people from my end of the university don’t go down there as a huge part of the TCD crowd (and judging from the amount of Trinity ID cards you see in the other cafes they are a substantial proportion of the clientele in the area) are usually in a mad rush so go for the more convenient/nearer options.

That said, I am absolutely gutted that Lunch! on Lombard St. is gone. Cajun Chicken Panini and chips RIP

I remember going there with the missus after getting our marriage cert. Its been there for years at this point

I used to frequent the Yellow Cup House a lot, mostly because they had tonnes of seating and it was the most comfortable place around to go for a cup of coffee in the morning. I'd often go there 2/3 times a day. I never detected the crowds in there was a Trinity crowd. There were a tonne of builders from the new Trinity buildings going up, that what wasn't likely to last. Then there were tourists from the couple of hotels in the vicinity. Mostly though it was people from the offices on Townsend st, or from the HSE clinic next door.

I was surprised they didn't last. It always seemed busy to me. The owner there was a Polish lad. He told me that he used to do deliveries to cafes around and saw that building an said he'd give it a lash. He seemed well-to-do enough and was a really pleasant guy. I was never sure if he packed it in after YCH, or if it was him that decided to rebrand to the Tapas place. I never made it in there after the rebranding.

That Bread place opened down the road too and seems to be expanding at a rate of knots. Then theres Deli Gold around on Townsend st, so a lot more competition popped up. Bread do a nice cup of coffee but 3.70 for a tiny cup is a bit on the steep side.

That Bread place opened down the road too and seems to be expanding at a rate of knots. Then theres Deli Gold around on Townsend st, so a lot more competition popped up. Bread do a nice cup of coffee but 3.70 for a tiny cup is a bit on the steep side.
It’s the almond croissants and sausage rolls that make Bread 41 unbelievably good. I know you’re not a meat eater so the latter isn’t going to be a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back