dear music friends, what are we listening to today? (2 Viewers)

Stacy said:
no thats their 2nd one. new one is good.. very sad. losing their edge a wee bit i think.
hey, i think it's pretty great. they're just less pissed off about stuff now and more mournful... i think it's called getting old.

14 pages of this shit... jesus.
but, tough shit guys, i'm listening the the heaviest shit ever, called 'linoleum planet', i've already ripped my own ear drums out. would someone mind keeping me up to date on what battles please? that 3 ep shit in 3 different countries bored the shit out of me so i'll only ever hear what falls into my lap.

lake of dracula is a deadly band..was a deadly band
fuckin magas ex-couch...the manhattanite from us maple...weasel walter..heather from the scissor girls...killer line up.
it was a film too.

george mcfly said:
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
deadly avant-garde jazzer album from 58
I read about Coleman and this album a while back - a bit controversial when it came out.
I then saw it in some store and promised to pick it up some time - have`nt seen it since though.

Me in the last 12 hours:

Transistor Transistor/Wolves
Books Lie
Micheal Rother
City of Caterpillar
Nurse with Wound - Thanks Igor!

the books lie record is excellent,listened to it a few times last week.

at the moment im listening a bunch of mp3s,black dhalia murder,pele,the sawtooth grin...

Kirk van Houten - Can I borrow a feeling?

"Can I borrow a feeling?
Could you send me a jar of love?
Hurtin' hearts need some healin',
Take my hand with your glove of love
"

associating yourself with funny shit on tv (simpsons, brasseye) is the new lamest thing in the world. ha ha ha, wasn't it funny when they did that? now look at me! i'm funny too! it doesn't work like that guys. it's just like wearing band t-shirts. the only reason for doing this is to find other friends who like the same bands (have you ever met someone with a t-shirt of some band you liked and became friends with them? not bloody likely, chances are you thought they were way cooler than you and avoided talking to them in case you stammered), or to make out like you're mad intelligent for liking whatever band. dudes, only suckers buy band shirts and nick funny shit from the telly. it's seriously the lamest thing ever.

wound said:
the books lie record is excellent,listened to it a few times last week.

at the moment im listening a bunch of mp3s,black dhalia murder,pele,the sawtooth grin...
I got Collections of Colonies of Bees a while back - brilliant album available from Mad Mike at WWW.PILLOWSCARS.COM - its the same guys that were in Pele.
Have`nt heard Pele yet - but intend to get some of their stuff from Pillowscars as soon as i get some spare greenbacks.
Are they a purely ambient affair?

p.s. - T-shirts rule!

Rimbaud said:
Are they a purely ambient affair?

Aye, but they've some pretty stuff. Their last (and maybe 2nd last) album have a bit of electonics on. Good background music for working to.

hag said:
it's just like wearing band t-shirts. the only reason for doing this is to find other friends who like the same bands (have you ever met someone with a t-shirt of some band you liked and became friends with them? not bloody likely, chances are you thought they were way cooler than you and avoided talking to them in case you stammered), or to make out like you're mad intelligent for liking whatever band. dudes, only suckers buy band shirts and nick funny shit from the telly. it's seriously the lamest thing ever.

Ha! Sez the guy with the Melt Banana T-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back