Deals on strings? (1 Viewer)

I bought the Lidl strings last time.They're ok in a pinch..but they arent the best.

They are covered in oil from the manufacturing process..so they need a good cleaning before you put them on.

I got three packs of the lidl strings last time. I'm flying through them on the Les Paul, breaking 3 or 4 per rehearsal. They seem to last longer on the strat.

I just don't break strings. I can't remember the last time i did. I just change them when they dull. Or when i feel like have too much money.

anyone else?

I used to break them all the time. I learned how to tie them properly and stretch the fuck out of them. Now it's a rare occurrence, usually if I've been lazy and haven't changed them in ages

I can be pretty heavy on the E and A and do a fair bit of string bending

Usually when I break them is when I can't hear myself properly so over do it on the right hand

I used to break even more, I did use a 1mm plec but now use a .88mm. It made a difference. Although I can be a touch heavy handed which is the main reason.

I need to play more like Noel Gallagher, the gentlest guitar player I've seen. Barely touches them. He's done alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back