DEAF Opening night party - Nurse With Wound (1 Viewer)

Re: DEAF Opening night party - Purse With Spoon

At times Worse With Nouns had me in stitches & complete awe in equal measure. Fantastic show. Matthew Waldron has some voice on him too.

Matt Waldron's singing was really great...very much the highlight of the show. I really enjoyed Rock'n'Roll Station too, for nostalgic reasons. I was surprised he did a straightforward tune, it was the perfect one. I also liked some of the percussion stuff. And the gig warmed up really nicely.
BUT. I thought the gig was really weak in general. I couldn't see any of the stuff I really liked about Nurse in there. I remember meeting Peter Christopherson before the Coil gig in City Hall, he was telling me that they had visited the venue a while before the gig and they noted the long reverb time, and tailored their set to take advantage of that fact. Last night I thought there was a pretty standard electronic improv band on stage doing their stuff with little (above-mentioned stuff excepted) to differentiate them from their peers and nothing to indicate that they cared that much about making the gig anything special. I was dreadfully disappointed. I think the music world has caught up with what Stapleton helped to pioneer, and now a live gig just highlights that. In the words of at least five people outside afterwards "it was fine". Also I think that what he does best is not really observable live...I can imagine him jamming like that in his studio, and culling some really nice bits to add to an album, but hearing the whole process like that was unnecessary. And not very good.

Disgruntled,
Edgbaston

ebola and ed devane and were deadly after too, had to miss mad ep due to encroaching drunkenness however...
Indeed they were. Mad EP was good but he shouldn't have been on last - it was a bit of a comedown after Ebola!

NWW were deadly particularly the encore which was totally amazing.

really enjoyed nww.
o'malley could have been far better...don't see much point in just doing a totally stripped down version of sunn... was hoping for something a bit different from him.

really enjoyed nww.
o'malley could have been far better...don't see much point in just doing a totally stripped down version of sunn... was hoping for something a bit different from him.

i saw him before on his own, and he was absolutely deadly then. less drone, more riff. he wasn't up to much last night alright...

i saw him before on his own, and he was absolutely deadly then. less drone, more riff. he wasn't up to much last night alright...
dunno,would of preferred if it was even less guitar based to be honest.as i said,i've seen sunn so why would i want to see half of sunn doing the same thing but not as well.

He played for about 20 minutes, I really enjoyed NWW but I wouldn't realy know them well at all. The dancing after was grat too. Really impressed with Ebola.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back