De lads (1 Viewer)

La Liga is really, really far from being a weak league.
Having to sit through supposedly top English sides being literally unable to string 3 passes together (hello Everton vs Liverpool this season) makes me yearn to watch Barcelona defending 'badly'.

How is keeping the ball NOT a form of defending?

You are mad. Read my earlier post on how it's not a form of defending. I couldn't be arsed re-hashing this discussion anymore. And to re-iterate yet again the way they pass the ball is excellent etc, we're not in the same league etc, la liga is a fairly poor league really etc, everton vs liverpool has always been the poorest example of english football in history etc. bored now.

I still think they are poor at the back and you're now literally re-hashing arguements from pages back now this has gone all ITV.

What is defending other than preventing the other team from scoring?
They can't do that when you have the ball.
They conceded 24 goals in 38 games.

I can think of any number of shitty games other than Everton Liverpool if you like.
The donkey quota is a hell of a lot higher in England than La Liga.

On which criteria can you say the Premier League is better?

"Attack is the best form of defence"

"If you don't have the ball you can't score"

"The first line of defence are your forwards"

etc etc etc.

Funny that this thread started about a group of lads that argue about football on TV and turned into a thread about lads who argue about football on a website.

Cosmic.

What is defending other than preventing the other team from scoring?
They can't do that when you have the ball.
They conceded 24 goals in 38 games.

I can think of any number of shitty games other than Everton Liverpool if you like.
The donkey quota is a hell of a lot higher in England than La Liga.

On which criteria can you say the Premier League is better?

Why are you relying on comparing Barcelona to merseyside ? I don't see the relivance.

I'm not saying the premier league is better than la liga they're probably on a par with each other but the gulf in class between the top two in Spain and the rest of the league is huge this is not the same in England the top eight are all well capable of taking points of each other and have done consistantly every year this is not the same in Spain, Barca and Real usually lose to each other and that's about it. Why are you still pitching this "holding the ball = defending" I've already told you what I think about this opinion and why i think it's wrong are you pissed or just mental ?

Arguing about football is what makes it great. Who's ever going to have a go at each other over tennis ? Spas that's who

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here I picked a game at random Barca three up and coasting 2:40 Puyol gets lost completely dives in then tell me that they defend the set piece well in the second instance go on tell me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here I picked a game at random Barca three up and coasting 2:40 Puyol gets lost completely dives in then tell me that they defend the set piece well in the second instance go on tell me.

Here's a game I picked at random my hole. Barca completely swtiched off in that game having been 3-0 and what should have been 4, 5 or 6-0 up. [When talking about Barcelona it actually isn't a joke to they should be 5-0 up like it is with every other team]. Of course it was bad for them to make those mistakes but you cant say a team with a defensive record as good as Barcelona's has been isn't good at defending unless you are talking about some really narrow sense where only clearing headers and tackles are defending. Of course keeping possession is part of their defence. You are mad, ye big mad yoke. Puyol has always been chaotic, he thrives on that kind of confusion and Pique is generally good and occasionally excellent.

you know who else can't defend. brazil in 1970. rubbish bill. showboats.

this thread is irealand egypt 1990. you've lost the plot, wc. lost it. here's a video compilation of you losing the plot which is gonna upset liam brady no end.

actually, i have no compilation.

This thread is amazing. Washing Cattle is the Dunphy of it.
Puyol is class. He made Ronaldo look shite in that Euro final. It wasn't because Ronaldo is shite, it's because Puyol is class.

There is fuck all difference between the English league gulf in quality and the La Liga gulf in quality.
England has a league were the same three teams compete to win every year. Spain has a league where the same two teams compete to win every year. Big fucking difference eh? I love all these Premiership apologists who try to contend that more than 1 of those 3 teams is consistently competitive every year.
Let's look at the premiership winners for the last 15 years or so shall we?

1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United
2009–10 Chelsea

Same 3 teams over and over again.

Compare La Liga winners for the same period? 5 different teams won it, two more than the English league. Fucking Premiership bullshit as usual, trying to say the Spanish League is less competitive.

Here's a game I picked at random my hole. Barca completely swtiched off in that game having been 3-0 and what should have been 4, 5 or 6-0 up. [When talking about Barcelona it actually isn't a joke to they should be 5-0 up like it is with every other team]. Of course it was bad for them to make those mistakes but you cant say a team with a defensive record as good as Barcelona's has been isn't good at defending unless you are talking about some really narrow sense where only clearing headers and tackles are defending. Of course keeping possession is part of their defence. You are mad, ye big mad yoke. Puyol has always been chaotic, he thrives on that kind of confusion and Pique is generally good and occasionally excellent.

It was picked at random.

This thread is amazing. Washing Cattle is the Dunphy of it.
Puyol is class. He made Ronaldo look shite in that Euro final. It wasn't because Ronaldo is shite, it's because Puyol is class.

There is fuck all difference between the English league gulf in quality and the La Liga gulf in quality.
England has a league were the same three teams compete to win every year. Spain has a league where the same two teams compete to win every year. Big fucking difference eh? I love all these Premiership apologists who try to contend that more than 1 of those 3 teams is consistently competitive every year.
Let's look at the premiership winners for the last 15 years or so shall we?

1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United
2009–10 Chelsea

Same 3 teams over and over again.

Compare La Liga winners for the same period? 5 different teams won it, two more than the English league. Fucking Premiership bullshit as usual, trying to say the Spanish League is less competitive.

9 teams have ever won la liga. In total this accounts for 28 titles, three less than Real Madrid alone have won. told you facts were the last refuge of the demented.

Best moment of yesterday was when Dunphy said to Souness "you don't dance in Scotland in case your wallet falls out of your pocket."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back