De lads (2 Viewers)

Oh and by the way Heitinga and Jags only started playing together as a pair in December and conceded the same amount of goals as Chelsea between that stage and the end of the season. Just sayin like.

I'm not counting the Yobo matches you can imagine why.

Yeah why is that?

Keeping the ball is not defending. No one can hold onto the ball for 90 minutes, rarely do you ever see a team go even half an hour without conceding a corner or a free kick in a dangerous position when pushed to it Barca are poor at the back, disorganised and lacking leadership and piss poor in the air. Next you'll be telling me how Ibrahimovic is better than Eto and that switch was a master stroke. Dunphy was right about some of what he said about Barca. Villa will make a difference Xavi, Messi, Ineasta all top quality but Busquets, Puyol, Pique and Ibrahimovic are fucking donkeys and Dunphy, Giles whoever should be pointing it out.

Donkeys don't play for 6 title winning sides in a row and have career goal averages of nearly 1 every other game and Pique, since he left United has grown into a fine defender, one of Fergie's greatest ever mistakes was letting him go.

Donkeys don't play for 6 title winning sides in a row and have career goal averages of nearly 1 every other game and Pique, since he left United has grown into a fine defender, one of Fergie's greatest ever mistakes was letting him go.

Do you mean carried by 6 title winning sides in a row knocking in hat tricks against dreadful sides and hiding in big games and being an arrogant cock to boot ?

Ratmonkeys last post is more incitful than you'll get out of ITV in the whole world cup.

What your looking at here Bill is the artisans of football posting. There is an honesty of effort but they have no class. they're tryers Bill. They can post all day but they haven't got the cutting edge requaired.......eh....myah they......they have no guile Bill, you'd find more insight in the pheonix park on a sunday morning. the real difference between John for example John played the game at the highest level Bill ...Washingcattle for example Bill he's still nagging about Joseph Yobo and telling people he coulda been a contender.... He's a charlatain Bill. he can't run, Can't pick a pass, he's slack in his posting, he can't spell.... 2000 posts Bill ....since 2005 ! is that world class? he's a burd brain Bill. He supports Everton .....a club that haven't competed at the top level since the eighties He's as insightful as a broken clock Bill...... Thumped is in decline it's as simple as that we're looking at the death of no way referee and it's mugs like WC that will starve the life out it Bill.

Right well we'll leave it there so.

"They don't make posters like they used to Bill, like John here - you wouldn't have acted like that John, like that Cattle lad"
"NO, I wouldn't"
"Damn right he wouldn't Bill"
"Ah, now lads"
[Eamo throws pen]

Ahem.

Pique and Puyol are actually really good players dude.
I watch them every week, no troll.

Keeping the ball is not defending. No one can hold onto the ball for 90 minutes, rarely do you ever see a team go even half an hour without conceding a corner or a free kick in a dangerous position when pushed to it Barca are poor at the back, disorganised and lacking leadership and piss poor in the air.

By the same token, you could say that Inter are bad at defending because no team can prevent their opponents having a single shot for 90 minutes.

Guardiola himself has said that they know they're not good enough at defending to shut teams out the way Inter and the like do.
They had to come up with an alternative system that played to their strengths, hence the high line and intense pressing from the forwards back to deny opponents defenders time to play the ball out from the back.
They keep their opponent's posession restricted to unthreatening positions as much as possible.
It seems to work reasonably well.

Bollox. So what Ronaldo was utter shite in that match I would have looked world class against the bottling, little whingey, fuck faced, hulk necked cunt

You don't think maybe Ronaldo was shite because United targetted Puyol as the weak link and he owned everything?

He constantly had Ronaldo on the back foot and the space Ronaldo's lack of backtracking left meant that a whole load of Barca's attacking threat that night (and both the goals, I seem to recall) came down the right hand side with Puyol heavily involved.

Ahem.

Pique and Puyol are actually really good players dude.
I watch them every week, no troll..

They aren't and every week they play against very poor sides who lack ambition going forward against the great barcelona did Rubin Kazaan lack ambition did they fuck. Inter got their number and so did Chelsea a few years ago they came out and ran at them it scared the fucking shite out of them even a half buried Arsenal did it this year. they've a defence that doesn't like defending and doesn't expect to do much during a match when they have to they don't look convincing that's all I'm saying.

By the same token, you could say that Inter are bad at defending because no team can prevent their opponents having a single shot for 90 minutes.
How is that the same token ? The point that i think moods made was that Barca keep the ball and that's a form of defending that's nonsense.

Guardiola himself has said that they know they're not good enough at defending to shut teams out the way Inter and the like do.
They had to come up with an alternative system that played to their strengths, hence the high line and intense pressing from the forwards back to deny opponents defenders time to play the ball out from the back.
They keep their opponent's posession restricted to unthreatening positions as much as possible.
It seems to work reasonably well.

That's the maddest thing I've ever heard. A manager saying wait we're not good enough so we'll improvise. He's the fucking manager get the lads out running some fucking drills you dope. look don't get me wrong here I like Barca I would watch them tear my teams apart til the cows come home they're a joy to watch but seriously watching them defend makes me ill.

You don't think maybe Ronaldo was shite because United targetted Puyol as the weak link and he owned everything?

He constantly had Ronaldo on the back foot and the space Ronaldo's lack of backtracking left meant that a whole load of Barca's attacking threat that night (and both the goals, I seem to recall) came down the right hand side with Puyol heavily involved.

Bollox, Ronaldo was muck he bottled it so did everyone else at United. Puyol heavily involved going forward so what ? who's talking about him as an attacking threat ?

But Washingcattle, they won the European Cup and everything else 2 seasons ago, and the won the Spanish League and got to the European Cup semi-final last season. And you point out a couple of games they lost. Do you think they should win every game they ever play? Like the great Italian teams? The great German teams? Bobby Charlton?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back