De lads (1 Viewer)

Billo's last World Cup.. it's Peter Collins all the way from here, so.

A worrying prospect. How many fucking Formula One metaphors can one man make?
"Ronaldo, really moving into top gear now!"
"Brazil have really flown off the grid in South Africa"
"England are going to have to refuel at half time"
"Italy have purposely crashed into Paraguay in order to qualify for the last 16"

If his long term replacement is not Eoin McDevitt, they are totally fucking mental.

Damn, those 3 lads have been the best football pundits on TV for the last 16 years or so at least!

Wat?

These dudes know literally NOTHING about anyone who hasn't played in the premier league.
They may be entertaining, but they know fuck all about football.

Giles - doesn't 'believe' in tactics.
Dunphy - everyone is awful (except Rooney).

A worrying prospect. How many fucking Formula One metaphors can one man make?
"Ronaldo, really moving into top gear now!"
"Brazil have really flown off the grid in South Africa"
"England are going to have to refuel at half time"
"Italy have purposely crashed into Paraguay in order to qualify for the last 16"
He's not even any good at commentating on formula one.

If his long term replacement is not Eoin McDevitt, they are totally fucking mental.
I dunno. Bill seems to know nothing or pretend to know nothing about football, despite getting paid for last 25 years to watch it. And he seems to let the two lads continually patronise him. I don't think Eoin would do the same.

they're a total pain in the swiss, but occasionally insicive, usually by luck rather than design, and quite amusing. plus they bring out the best in other lads who know nothing of their MO. like souey last time out. but as for knowledge of the game... a professional pundit, with fuck all else to do all day should not say "i don't know anything about the (insert nation here) so ..."

Glad Souness and Brady are back for the World Cup. Ossie Ardiles should add value too.
The lads have had too easy a ride for the last couple of years with no voice dissenting from their ill-informed nonsense and borderline madness.
There's no doubt they've been great for LOLs over the years, and that piece is a nice read.

I dunno. Bill seems to know nothing or pretend to know nothing about football, despite getting paid for last 25 years to watch it. And he seems to let the two lads continually patronise him. I don't think Eoin would do the same.

Bill will always say that his role on the panel is to ask the dumb questions, even when he knows they're dumb to allow John and Dunphy do their thing.

This is, at once, True and Untrue.

The game, I fear, has passed Gilesy by, what he was saying about Barca not defending because their defence plays such a high line vs. Inter "defending properly" during the Champion's League semi-final was actually sort of sad to hear.

Dunphy, a wanker when I started watching football, and a wanker now. When Inter played United last season and he was previewing the Inter side his assessment of Maicon, regarded as one of the best players in the world in his position for at least 3 years was "well, he's Brazilian." Cut to this season, "brilliant player Bill, brilliant." He's a fucking charlatan.

Bill will always say that his role on the panel is to ask the dumb questions, even when he knows they're dumb to allow John and Dunphy do their thing.
Fair enough but I don't know how he can ask some of the questions he asks with a straight face, unless he really is thick. Whereas on off the ball they can have a decent conversation about football without any of this. I don't follow football anymore and find punditry excrutiating to listen too but I enjoy the football debate on newstalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back